Erling Haaland

dcye

People gotta stop bringing up the "Messi war-chest" in relation to other players. This money isn't sitting in a savings account, it's the amount of money the club has figured out they can spend on a Messi (and Messi only) deal that can be covered by our current sponsors and his marketability raising our revenue. There's no box full of dubloons sitting at the Etihad with Messi written on it.

Every player is evaluated differently in regards to their marketability and potential earnings for the club, Messi's is just massively higher than anyone else.

BringBackSwales

You actually made me do a double take on the poster name then, I like Haaland and think he's some player but there's no way he's transforming the rags into title challengers.

Personally I think we've already got ours in Delap which will prove a hell of a lot cheaper.
Serious question, how many times have you seen Delap?

Centurions

Serious question, how many times have you seen Delap?
In the flesh never, online a few times (couldn't quote a number). I'm going off the people who have actually watched him though and they absolutely purr over him. He may be a year or two off Haaland yet (maybe more) but I seriously can't see him not making it at the very top. The lads just got too much about him.

I'm Blue

Nope, if we pay Raiola a big fee, every single agent is gonna use that shit against us
That depends on the quality of the player that you’re signing and the overall transfer fee.
Say Haaland cost £75m from Dortmund and £25m in agent fees, that’s £100m overall.
Is he worth that? Of course he is.
Then take the Koulibaly the transfer, his price is already high, too high for us considering his age, then when you add agents fees it would make the deal not financially viable.
So each individual deal is different and don’t believe we’d end up paying every agent large sums.

Maldeika

Bayern may employ “more subtle” means if he is their target.

Lewy will atleast finish his contract (2023) and I do not doubt that he will be good and uninjuried until the end. There is no space for a another striker who demands to be the starter until then. And I am not really sure if he has the right abilities for the system.

Haaland will move next season to England - not wait until 2023 or 2024 until Lewy's place is open.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.