Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiola was still his agent before Dortmund move. I think its pretty clear we won't deal with him and his obscene agent fees.

City have only signed 1 major Raiola client. That was Balotelli 10 years ago.

On top of that Raiola clients are not committed as he wants another big cut after 3-4 years. City clearly value commitment/loyalty from players.

Nail on the head. Good summary and exactly what will happen in the future. Prob try and get Haaland to move 2 move times at least to line his pockets.

City have only signed 1 major Raiola client. That was Balotelli 10 years ago.
Actually Robinho too. So obviously a good record, haha.

He has had a number of clients that have moved around a lot. Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Lukaku, Mkhitaryan, etc. But he's got plenty that have stuck in one place for an extended period. Insigne (Napoli forever), Lingard, Donnarumma (Milan forever), Veratti (PSG since 2012), Capoue (Watford since 2015), for example.

So I imagine it's more about the money than the loyalty. I don't think he deliberately moves players on who are happy or doing well where they are. When you look at the players that have moved around a lot, it's usually for footballing reasons or because the player himself is a prick.

Think we'll be surprised when it's time to replace Kun.

His position is the most important in our team and whereas we seem to fuck about over a few million on transfers of defenders and midfielders, we'll push the boat out for the right player.

Unless we fall lucky our next no.10 whoever it is will smash our record transfer fee.

Think we'll be surprised when it's time to replace Kun.

His position is the most important in our team and whereas we seem to fuck about over a few million on transfers of defenders and midfielders, we'll push the boat out for the right player.

Unless we fall lucky our next no.10 whoever it is will smash our record transfer fee.
Yeah, we don't realise how spoiled we were with Kun and his clinicality. There are multiple rumours of us having a few hundred mil saved up for an important transfer, which were earlier for Messi. If not for Haaland, I am sure we'll go for a top striker to maintain Aguero's level.

If we get Messi on a free, we can definitely use the "Messi War-chest" to get us the striker we want. Aguero maintained insane levels and I hope the board realise there's only a few names who can maintain that.
The Messi money is for Messi. If we get him on a free thats great but that money just disappears into the wind. I would be shocked if we sign Haaland. We aren't in the business of becoming a pawn for Raiola. Haaland would be here for 3 years, then be moved to Real or Bayern or whoever will give Raiola his next cut.

People gotta stop bringing up the "Messi war-chest" in relation to other players. This money isn't sitting in a savings account, it's the amount of money the club has figured out they can spend on a Messi (and Messi only) deal that can be covered by our current sponsors and his marketability raising our revenue. There's no box full of dubloons sitting at the Etihad with Messi written on it.

Every player is evaluated differently in regards to their marketability and potential earnings for the club, Messi's is just massively higher than anyone else.

You actually made me do a double take on the poster name then, I like Haaland and think he's some player but there's no way he's transforming the rags into title challengers.

Personally I think we've already got ours in Delap which will prove a hell of a lot cheaper.
Serious question, how many times have you seen Delap?

Serious question, how many times have you seen Delap?
In the flesh never, online a few times (couldn't quote a number). I'm going off the people who have actually watched him though and they absolutely purr over him. He may be a year or two off Haaland yet (maybe more) but I seriously can't see him not making it at the very top. The lads just got too much about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.