Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope City are seriously considering how good this lad could be for us.

And will also understand how much harder it would make winning the title if chelsea, rag or scousers signed him.

We just have to sign him. Aguero is 32, Delap 17; next year we'll effectively have only Jesus as a first team regular striker. For a club with our purported ambition we absolutely have to be signing the best available in certain positions that need it, and centre forward is definitely one of those positions we'll need to strengthen next season.

The biggest problem is that we want long term commitment. Raiola's players don't provide that.

After 3-4 years we are back in the market for striker. Yes we might get money but top class strikers don't just grow on trees. What if there is not any one available then to replace him? All the money in that case don't matter.

Its too big of a risk.

He will probably go to Juve for few years and then jump ship to PSG maybe.

Lautaro Martinez or Joao Felix I think we'll go for, seem to fit our profile better.
Completely disagree to be honest. I’d be a bit disappointed with the other 2 strikers you have suggested - not sure either are good enough for our level... I don’t have that concern with Haaland. At £63m I don’t see any risk whatsoever. It’s a no brainer IMO.

The Raiola / longevity angle is a bit of a popular myth too. Many of his high profile clients have stayed/are staying at 1 club for long periods. If the player is happy he will stay. And City are one of the clubs that Haaland supported as a child which bodes well... Let’s hope Alfie can steer him here!

Last edited:
Completely disagree to be honest. I’d be a bit disappointed with the other 2 strikers you have suggested - not sure either are good enough for our level... I don’t have that concern with Haaland. At £63m I don’t see any risk whatsoever. It’s a no brainer IMO.

The Raiola / longevity angle is a bit of a popular myth too. Many of his high profile clients have stayed/are staying at 1 club for long periods. If the player is happy he will stay. And City are one of the clubs that Haaland supported as a child which bodes well... Let’s hope Alfie can steer him here!

Felix is playing his correct position for Portugal now imo. : Attacking midfield. Haaland is a striker.

Absolutely love Odegaard. Reminds me of a young KDB at times, with a tad of Silva too.

Basically the perfect attacking midfielder; less chaotic than De Bruyne, more direct and productive than Silva.

Foden in 6 months.

He needs to learn to slow down and beat a man with body feints and close control rather than driving at full pace with the ball at the end of his stride, closing off passing angles and inviting injury-inducing tackles, ala Wilshere. Unless you’re built like Yaya Toure or Dembele, you’re going to get hurt.

Cole Palmer looks more elegant and intelligent in that regard.

If we buy him he will have a release clause and big signing on bonuses to Mina, Alfie and of course himself.

Your are for all purposes dancing with the devil on this one and liable to get screwed over at some point.

However, despite all of that he would probably still offer value for money.

Dortmund (great choice of club for him at this point), would be looking at around a 150 million player if not for the release clause instead of 60 million (although no doubt probably around 40 million if agent fees for whoever buys).

They brought him for 20 million (can probably double that if not more with agency fees.

But probably stand to make 20 million, so less then his wages so cost wise/ talent you can understand why Dortmund.

United/ Woodward are being slated for not agreeing to what Dortmund did (Agency fees/ release clause) and as inept as they are. I am sure they are astute enough to know the deal works financially. They just didn’t want to pay those levels of agency fees (again) nor accept a release clause. This must be about setting a precedent and considering future players/ transfers.

I think we will be the same, despite us having a great chance of getting him if we where willing to do a deal.

Strongest PL team of recent history
Ready made place in the team
Would assume wants to play in PL
Hopefully on good terms with Alfie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.