Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Dortmund are a small club then and the rumours are he was off to United but they wouldn’t accept a release clause.

We’ll see what way it goes.

I think you need to calm down a little bit sunshine and show a bit of respect to a fellow blue, who just happens to share a different view.
Dortmund aren't a small club, but they're definitely a selling club and will give releases to secure guys like Haaland when necessary. He quite obviously won't have a release in his next deal unless he moves to Spain.

They might not insert a release clause but Raiola would be looking to move Haaland on after a couple of years.
This has been well covered in the last few pages as not actually being true, but I'm always struck by this loser talk we have sometimes. "Let's not try and sign great players because they might want to move clubs some day." Did anyone think David Silva or Sergio Aguero were going to stay here ten years? I didn't, but those seem to have worked out pretty well, no? Sign him, then convince him to stay like we've done with nearly all of our great players.

Even in the scenario you're describing, he comes here, scores a ton of goals, and goes for an absolutely massive fee in a few years. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

They might not insert a release clause but Raiola would be looking to move Haaland on after a couple of years.
Honestly we are overstating Raiola’s influence here. He’s just so good at his job that it seems like whatever he does is to his own benefit, while the player looks innocent. I am willing to bet anything, any moves Raiola has ever made, it is his own player’s request. He’s not like Mendes that’s a superagent that can just tell the players/clubs where to go. As a player, any request you make, Raiola will make it happen one way or another. That’s why he’s a superagent. So as long as Haaland wants to go here and stay here, Raiola won’t say anything.

Honestly we are overstating Raiola’s influence here. He’s just so good at his job that it seems like whatever he does is to his own benefit, while the player looks innocent. I am willing to bet anything, any moves Raiola has ever made, it is his own player’s request. He’s not like Mendes that’s a superagent that can just tell the players/clubs where to go. As a player, any request you make, Raiola will make it happen one way or another. That’s why he’s a superagent. So as long as Haaland wants to go here and stay here, Raiola won’t say anything.
Look at the current situation with Pogba and the various problems with Ibrahimovic. Closer to home the problems with Balotelli.

Look at the current situation with Pogba and the various problems with Ibrahimovic. Closer to home the problems with Balotelli.
The situation with Pogba was because Pogba himself wanted to move to Real Madrid. And now that Madrid doesn’t want him anymore we don’t hear squat from Raiola except that they’re negotiating a new contract for Pogba. Ibrahimovic wanted to move because Messi played centrally instead of him. Raiola never had any problem with us with Balotelli here.

My point is Raiola only becomes a problem when the player needs him to.

The situation with Pogba was because Pogba himself wanted to move to Real Madrid. And now that Madrid doesn’t want him anymore we don’t hear squat from Raiola except that they’re negotiating a new contract for Pogba. Ibrahimovic wanted to move because Messi played centrally instead of him. Raiola never had any problem with us with Balotelli here.

My point is Raiola only becomes a problem when the player needs him to.
Which will be the case with Haaland and would not be worth the long term headache. I doubt we will be signing Haaland in the summer, especially if Messi is arriving.

Which will be the case with Haaland and would not be worth the long term headache. I doubt we will be signing Haaland in the summer, especially if Messi is arriving.
you dont know if that will be the case with Haaland tho ? he isn't any more likely to want to leave than any other player we would sign instead. some players want to stay and become legends (silva,aguero.etc) and some eventually move on (sane).

Why are you so sure that Haaland would want to leave in the future when he hasn't even come yet? You could say the same to any of our current players. It's baffling really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.