Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don’t know if you guys watch dortmund and haaland or just hear about his goalscoring records and believe the hype. Haaland is not for us.
Why wouldn’t he? If Pep can get Aguero, one of the most successful (and injury-prone) Premier League strikers, to start tracking back and pressing, building play from deep, he can mould this kid into whatever he wants.

We get so many corners and free kicks, he’d be perfect for that. We used to counter at speed and tear teams apart. He does that regularly. We can have 20 shots and score 1 or 0. His conversion rate is insane. He’s already doing it in the CL, so he’s ready for the biggest stage.

If he’s not for us, we’re doing something very wrong.

Last edited:
I seriously don’t know if you guys watch dortmund and haaland or just hear about his goalscoring records and believe the hype. Haaland is not for us.
I don't know that he's over-rated on here. He's a monster, an absolute monster. No doubt.

However, I'm pretty sure Pep, being Pep, would turn his nose up at him and go for someone with a silky first touch.

By Pep's way of thinking, Haaland is a sprinter pretending to be a footballer.

I don't know that he's over-rated on here. He's a monster, an absolute monster. No doubt.

However, I'm pretty sure Pep, being Pep, would turn his nose up at him and go for someone with a silky first touch.

By Pep's way of thinking, Haaland is a sprinter pretending to be a footballer.
Yeah he is a good finisher and a good sprinter but I swear Lukaku has more technical abilities than him.
we always play parked buses under pep and we are not a counter attacking team so I don’t just see how he works for us. Gaby Jesus is better than Haaland at everything in tight spaces but his finishing just lets us down. Despite his height he is not a good header of the ball so I seriously don’t see what he adds to the team. He is obviously a very good striker but I don’t think he is a good footballer for Pep.

Why wouldn’t he? If Pep can get Aguero, one of the most successful (and injury-prone) Premier League strikers, to start tracking back and pressing, building play from deep, he can mould this kid into whatever he wants.

We get so many corners and free kicks, he’d be perfect for that. We used to counter at speed and tear teams apart. He does that regularly. We can have 20 shots and score 1 or 0. His conversion rate is insane. He’s already doing it in the CL, so he’s ready for the biggest stage.

If he’s not for us, we’re doing something very wrong.
I think he is a very good striker. Yeah you are right maybe we are doing something wrong. But we all know Pep likes good footballers and Haaland is literally a robot. So maybe Pep is actually our problem, who knows?

I think he is a very good striker. Yeah you are right maybe we are doing something wrong. But we all know Pep likes good footballers and Haaland is literally a robot. So maybe Pep is actually our problem, who knows?
He definitely gets more space in the Bundesliga and we're more tiki-taka, as much as we try not to be, but if you're good enough, you can adapt. I don't think he's as untechnical as people make out, just very efficient and determined to be the final piece of the attacking move. His hold-up play is actually pretty good, he's just not Ronaldinho.

Also, imagine Ederson punting the ball up 100 yards and this milky terminator gunning it 40mph towards you. You'd shit it.

He might not be Messi as a False 9, but the only players I can see working there are Martinez, Joao Felix & Dybala, and they'd all cost a bomb. Not the most productive either, and our wingers are too wasteful to make it worthwhile trade-off in output.

He did great with Lewandowski, hope he tries with Haaland.

I want to start by saying I don’t watch Bundesliga matches, I only see the highlights when Haaland scores some goals as I’m curious to see his finishes. But one thing I’ve noticed is the mad amount of times where he is played through one on one from a well timed run and pass into the space in behind. It seems to be his trademark goal. But we do not have that space to attack and won’t do for the foreseeable future. So as good as he is, does his style actually mesh well with ours and how would his game be affected without that luscious green grass to gallop into? Because we have to attack non-existent spaces. This is a big question mark on him for me. I don’t know what that adaptation in his game would look like.

I want to start by saying I don’t watch Bundesliga matches, I only see the highlights when Haaland scores some goals as I’m curious to see his finishes. But one thing I’ve noticed is the mad amount of times where he is played through one on one from a well timed run and pass into the space in behind. It seems to be his trademark goal. But we do not have that space to attack and won’t do for the foreseeable future. So as good as he is, does his style actually mesh well with ours and how would his game be affected without that luscious green grass to gallop into? Because we have to attack non-existent spaces. This is a big question mark on him for me. I don’t know what that adaptation in his game would look like.

I had the same concern as Bundes teams do tend to play with a highline(partly Peps fault with his tactic when he was there, to pull teams higher up the pitch then Boateng pings one over the top, still being replicated)
So i've watched more Dortmund games and what i noticed Haaland do is drop deep(pull defence line up in process) to link play then turn toward the oppo goal and go full steam at the backline at which point there's very few if any CBs in football that will catch him AND get the ball off him.
Also Sterling style he has a knack of getting onto the end of low crosses so if we put players onto their strong foot wings or give both our fullbacks more freedom it would help him thrive.

out till January injured according to SSN

If there is a transfer in the wind for any club Raiola will use this period to start drumming up interest in his player.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.