Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd not seen much of Haaland, so watched a few videos.

What was interesting is that very few of his goals looks like Pep goals. The majority of his goals appear to be scored with counter attacks, or against teams pushing out from the back, something City players rarely get a chance to do.

He's clearly special, and would offer us something different, and it seems ridiculous to doubt him, especially with his record, but wonder if he'd be a better fit in a team like United.

Pep clearly hinting that players will leave during the summer..(SSN)

"What I believe is all the players deserve to stay here for many, many years," Guardiola said. "The quality they have is exceptional, there's no doubts. But year by year the situation is different because there are players who accept some roles and some that don't.

"It's not about the quality, it's about accepting that sometimes you don't play and in that moment the player has to leave.

"There are players, for age, personality or many reasons, that accept all the roles. Other ones don't accept it, when they play it is perfect but it is a problem when they don't play with the team.

These players have to reflect and speak with their agents and the club and decide the best for them especially, and for the club as well, so I don't know what is going to happen next season."

There are some obvious candidates for this:

Garcia - we pretty much know he is gone
Sergio - out of contract at th end of the season and is quoted as saying he will decide at the end of the season - for the club it will depend upon his fitness and I guess whether he will accept a reduced role within the squad - I hope he does
Ferna - well known that he is out of contract but could stay on as a coach

Then there is:
Mahrez - supposedly making noises about playing time - Id happily let him go - just not consistent enough
Zinchenko - may want to play play more and in his proper position - no one could begrudge him this.
Mendy?????? - dont think anyone would have him!

Besides EDS players I cant think of anyone else it could pertain to....maybe Walker as I think Cancello is now number one and maybe Laporte - some recent comments that were a bit ambiguous????

Why would Gabriel want to move to Dortmund? I like the club and how they operate, but a Brazilian who has been bagging trophies for fun is not taking that step down. I could see him playing for one of the better Spanish or Italian clubs, maybe Bayern at a push if they wanted him. But no, he is not going to Dortmund. Very wishful thinking in my opinion.

I think Dortmund would be a smart move for Jesus. He’s always going to be a part time player for us or any of the other teams you mentioned unless he can prove he can lead the line for a competitive team for a full season. The blueprint for him would be to do exactly what Halaand has done: go score a ton of goals in a league with a good reputation and get to pick his next spot when the team is spending so much on him that they’re building around him

ok, I've been watching some YouTube and highlights of Dortmund and I am still not sure he is a Pep player, I know he is young but he needs to fit into the system

"What I believe is all the players deserve to stay here for many, many years," Guardiola said. "The quality they have is exceptional, there's no doubts. But year by year the situation is different because there are players who accept some roles and some that don't.

"It's not about the quality, it's about accepting that sometimes you don't play and in that moment the player has to leave.

"There are players, for age, personality or many reasons, that accept all the roles. Other ones don't accept it, when they play it is perfect but it is a problem when they don't play with the team.

These players have to reflect and speak with their agents and the club and decide the best for them especially, and for the club as well, so I don't know what is going to happen next season."

Sergio - out of contract at th end of the season and is quoted as saying he will decide at the end of the season - for the club it will depend upon his fitness and I guess whether he will accept a reduced role within the squad - I hope he does

Then there is:
Mahrez - supposedly making noises about playing time - Id happily let him go - just not consistent enough
Zinchenko - may want to play play more and in his proper position - no one could begrudge him this.

Besides EDS players I cant think of anyone else it could pertain to....maybe Walker as I think Cancello is now number one and maybe Laporte - some recent comments that were a bit ambiguous????
There are many signs that the squad will undergo transformation, which is a smart thing to do BEFORE it FEELS like something that needs to be done and costs way more. People don’t seem to accept that.

I am starting a list of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this thread. I can anticipate that “very few of Haaland’s goals are ‘Pep goals’” is at the very top

Then there is:

I would imagine he's talking about Laporte and Walker. Possibly Mahrez.

Jesus is not going to stepdown to Dortmund. That's the understatement of the year. People really think that because his FIFA 21 rating went down. He is a good fit for our system. The guy also accepts being in and out of the lineup and we'd be hard pressed finding another one who has similar qualities and level. Jesus is good enough to replace Sergio when injured, not in form or when Pep decides striker formation is not ideal which is more usual than not these days. Can Haaland play on the wings or false 9 and most importantly will he accept rotation or formations where he is not needed? Haaland needs to prove his worth first in the club before we proclaim him as Sergio's heir and giving him ridiculous wages.

I would imagine he's talking about Laporte and Walker. Possibly Mahrez.
I don't think Walker is one to kick up a fuss. I think he's a fighter. Despite what it may seem I'm sure Pep rates him far more highly than many others do and would happily rely on him to feature in many games if he were willing to stay. Laporte and Mahrez I can't comment on.

Although I am interested if this will impact upon any possible incomings. What happens if Haaland isn't given assurances?

I'd not seen much of Haaland, so watched a few videos.

What was interesting is that very few of his goals looks like Pep goals. The majority of his goals appear to be scored with counter attacks, or against teams pushing out from the back, something City players rarely get a chance to do.

He's clearly special, and would offer us something different, and it seems ridiculous to doubt him, especially with his record, but wonder if he'd be a better fit in a team like United.
Rag!...;)

Then there is:

I could see Laporte leave this summer.

Not the same player since his injury and as long as John Stones maintains his present levels won't be first choice.

At his age and quality , I don't think a situation he would accept.

With Ramos leaving Real , a possible move to there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.