Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Laporte leave this summer.

Not the same player since his injury and as long as John Stones maintains his present levels won't be first choice.

At his age and quality , I don't think a situation he would accept.

With Ramos leaving Real , a possible move to there?
I could be wrong but I don't think so. I think 2 from 3 between Laporte, Stones and Dias seems a reasonable situation for all concerned.

I could be wrong but I don't think so. I think 2 from 3 between Laporte, Stones and Dias seems a reasonable situation for all concerned.
Totally agree in terms of what the club would like but not sure a player of the quality of Laporte would be happy with that.

Reactions: kun
There are many signs that the squad will undergo transformation, which is a smart thing to do BEFORE it FEELS like something that needs to be done and costs way more. People don’t seem to accept that.

I am starting a list of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this thread. I can anticipate that “very few of Haaland’s goals are ‘Pep goals’” is at the very top
It’s gonna be a long list!

I don't think Walker is one to kick up a fuss. I think he's a fighter. Despite what it may seem I'm sure Pep rates him far more highly than many others do and would happily rely on him to feature in many games if he were willing to stay. Laporte and Mahrez I can't comment on.

Although I am interested if this will impact upon any possible incomings. What happens if Haaland isn't given assurances?
Agree on Walker, however, it is dependent on him sustaining his incredible fitness levels. Pep likes his undoubted recovery levels, it gets us out of the shit most of the time!

Unsurprisingly according to the Mirror, and now rehashed by the other Rag tabloids, United are in for Haaland. Obviously they still have the £100mill they decided not use on Sancho last Summer.

There are many signs that the squad will undergo transformation, which is a smart thing to do BEFORE it FEELS like something that needs to be done and costs way more. People don’t seem to accept that.

I am starting a list of the most ridiculous things I’ve read on this thread. I can anticipate that “very few of Haaland’s goals are ‘Pep goals’” is at the very top

If you look at the goals he's scored, they mostly come from situations that City players rarely get in. He's incredibly fast and strong, and can burst past a high line with ease. He also hits the ball quickly so defenders/keepers aren't set.

What I've not seen is a huge amount of goals hit through a crowd of players, or coming to him in a tight space, surrounded by defenders, where he needs to move the ball quickly to make an angle before having a shot.

There was an article just this week in the Athletic which suggested his link up play was poor, but that he'd worked on it, and had improved incredibly quickly. If that's the case, then it suggests he might be worth blowing the bank for, but I don't watch a lot of Dortmund so can't say. What I can say is that he appears to be very aware of his career path, and if his strengths are better suited to a counter attacking team, then he may well take that into account when he moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.