Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would we require a transformation? We're on track to win the PL at a minimum. We only need a player or three to refresh and that includes losing Sergio and Fern (in effect, even if they stay).

it just needs a little bit of tinkering a striker or 2 and maybe a left back

Isn't it the same as any other season except for the situation for 15 games while he was injured and Dias-Stones were on fantastic form?

(2 from Kompany-Laporte-Otamendi)
(2 from Stones-Laporte-Otamendi)

To be fair to Pep he started playing Laporte much sooner than most of us wanted. I think Pep knew that just having 2 primary CBs is insufficient. Whereas us fans see everything rosy on paper.
Before his injury he was out no1 defender period, now as of today he is probably 3 rd choice CB.

I am not having a go at him in any way, he is a top class player, I just think he may want out, I hope I am wrong, because for the first time in a long time, we have wonderful options at CB.

Last edited:
I could see Laporte leave this summer.

Not the same player since his injury and as long as John Stones maintains his present levels won't be first choice.

At his age and quality , I don't think a situation he would accept.

With Ramos leaving Real , a possible move to there?
Agree with Laporte...he is the type of person to see his own arse about playing time.

Hell no to Ramos....he would be sent off every week in the prem

I am wondering what the logic behind going bigger this summer @tolmie's hairdoo is it Aguero and Fernandinho leaving ? Or just there age / leaving the following year or is it just chance that Messi and Haarland being available. Is it Covid reduced prices or is it something else like off field developments e.g campus or is it natural progression of so long at the top with increased revenue etc ? Or some combination if so what’s the main factor or factors ?

A small window of opportunity that exists, allied to finding long term on Sergio, whether he stays for another year or not.

He's talked about in the same breath as Mbappe. I know Mbappe is 18 months older, but if you said, can Mbappe score a bundle of goals in a counter attacking team, the answer would be a clear yes. If you then ask, could Haaland score the kind of goals Mbappe does in a team playing against packed defences, then I'd have to say "I don't know".

Right now, we're assuming Haaland can achieve whatever he wants, but he doesn't stand out skilful - more an athletic phenomenon.
You should get on to our scouting staff and Pep then seeing as we are balls deep in for him with the first blank cheque we’ve been prepared to write in the best part of a decade.

if it’s true that he wants at least £300 grand a week to move on then I say fuck him the greedy bastard . Has not done knowhere near enough to warrant that money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.