Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Barca lad won't win with that pitch. I know a few club members and selling any shares is red line territory for them.

They might not have a choice at some stage.

They said the same about carrying a shirt sponsor before the Unicef agreement.

Then it was Beko and then the Qatar foundation.

We know these 'history' clubs are the first to leave their principles at the door if it means they can stay near the top.

Both Madrid and Barca are courting Middle East money and aren't in a position to dicate terms.

They might not have a choice at some stage.

They said the same about carrying a shirt sponsor before the Unicef agreement.

Then it was Beko and then the Qatar foundation.

We know these 'history' clubs are the first to leave their principles at the door if it means they can stay near the top.

Both Madrid and Barca are courting Middle East money.
They'll court it in sponsorships though not equity sales. I can see them selling the naming rights for Camp Nou.

They'll court it in sponsorships though not equity sales. I can see them selling the naming rights for Camp Nou.

Possibly, but unless that stadium includes a £600m rebuild, nobody is going to be daft enough to give them the cash they need in a post-Messi era, never mind a Covid downturn.

Abu Dhabi even pulled out from doing the same with the Bernabeu, wasn't worth it to them.

Same reason the TV rights are now in the toilet and these clubs are forcing the European Super League.

Unless these clubs can get hold of Saudi or Chinese money, they are staring into a decade long abyss.

Haha, yep. Mane, Salad and Firmino have all been making noises, but nobody has the type of money that would enable Liverpool to buy like for like replacements.

Perfect storm - with no fucking Golden Sky at the end of it for them!!

My concern is the collapse of the Newcastle Saudi deal.

One of the Barca election candidates is pitching selling a 49 per cent fan stake and the owners of Liverpool are also open to a sale.

They are all about to hit 30 and lose most of their sale value as well. It is really quite bad luck for Liverpool that.

Barca will never sell a stake IMO. Not only are the fans against, it, but it gives them massive tax benefits because they are classified as a non-profit as long as they are fan-owned. Those tax cuts are worth an insane amount of money over 10-20 years.

Possibly, but unless that stadium includes a £600m rebuild, nobody is going to be daft enough to give them the cash they need in a post-Messi era, never mind a Covid downturn.

Abu Dhabi even pulled out from doing the same with the Bernabeu, wasn't worth it to them.

Same reason the TV rights are now in the toilet and these clubs are forcing the European Super League.

Unless these clubs can get hold of Saudi or Chinese money, they are starting into a decade long abyss.
A decade long abyss they'll be getting then, the club members will never vote through an equity sale and it needs to be voted through at an EGM, the president can't authorise it.

I don't think we've ever had such competition for a player. Basically every single team who has the money needs him and the alternatives aren't great. That's why I doubt he'll go this summer or go for only 100m.

I don't think we've ever had such competition for a player. Basically every single team who has the money needs him and the alternatives aren't great. That's why I doubt he'll go this summer or go for only 100m.
We've had competition for plenty of players, it's just that we operate by convincing the player first and other clubs give up. If we can't do that we don't get dragged into bidding wars. I think this is the time to make an exception though.

I can't see it that way at all I don't think there's ever been a summer when every team competing for players have all got issues whether financial or/and needing players in multiple positions.We are probably more financially stable than anyone else, we also only really need to spend big in one position. We might well bring in other players but if we only bought a striker we would be fine.

They are all about to hit 30 and lose most of their sale value as well. It is really quite bad luck for Liverpool that.

Barca will never sell a stake IMO. Not only are the fans against, it, but it gives them massive tax benefits because they are classified as a non-profit as long as they are fan-owned. Those tax cuts are worth an insane amount of money over 10-20 years.
I can see Liverpool going for someone like Patson Daka as a replacement and trying to develop him further.

We've had competition for plenty of players, it's just that we operate by convincing the player first and other clubs give up. If we can't do that we don't get dragged into bidding wars. I think this is the time to make an exception though.
Yeah I agree, we have to make an exception this time. The competition is so big for this guy. Sure, we are absolutely the best option for him - but if we don't act quickly his head might turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.