Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
There absolutely aren't.

Liverpool are not in the equation full stop.

They couldn't even give Klopp money in January for a central defender.

They have made no big sales and spending £45m on Jota only added to their striker quota.

Mane or Salah could exit and then they're in the game surely? I'm not saying that's *likely*, just that it's within reason that they could compete with a combination of moves.

Mane or Salah could exit and then they're in the game surely? I'm not saying that's *likely*, just that it's within reason that they could compete with a combination of moves.

Of course, but that is why I have stated it is a perfect storm, perhaps?

Liverpool would demand at least £100m each for both Salad and Mane.

Who is going to pay that when those who might have the money (which will be confined to maybe three or four clubs) can buy a younger and better player in Haaland for the next ten years for a similar amount?

Liverpool made a huge mistake and missed the boat last summer not selling one of those two.

They have held on to depreciating assets in a market downturn where you can get better bang for your buck elsewhere.

Last edited:

Who is going to pay that when those who might have the money (which will be confined to maybe three or four clubs) can buy a younger and better player in Haaland for the next ten years for a similar amount?

Liverpool made a huge mistake and missed the boat last summer selling one of those two.

They have held on to depreciating assets in a market downturn where you can get better bang for your buck elsewhere.
Salah and Mane would also be looking for one last mega pay day as both are 28 going on 29. So it’s not just transfer fees but also salary.
No matter how much they look after themselves wingers don’t go on beyond 33/34 at the very highest level, particularly as pace is a big part of their game.

Salah and Mane would also be looking for one last mega pay day as both are 28 going on 29. So it’s not just transfer fees but also salary.
No matter how much they look after themselves wingers don’t go on beyond 33/34 at the very highest level, particularly as pace is a big part of their game.

They are an ageing team.

Van Dijk is 30 this summer, Henderson and an out of contract Wynaldum already there.

Milner is 35, while Salah and Mane will both be 29 this summer, with little chance of earning big moves unless Liverpool reduce their valuations.

Thiago 30 this summer, Firmino in October.

It's really poor planning.

They are an ageing team.

Van Dijk is 30 this summer, Henderson and an out of contract Wynaldum already there.

Milner is 35, while Salah and Mane will both be 29 this summer, with little chance of earning big moves unless Liverpool reduce their valuations.

Thiago 30 this summer.

It's really poor planning.
If they had gone for younger players they would have either:

a. Spent well beyond their means
or
b. Won fuck all

They have put all their eggs in the Klopp basket and if they don't sell on their assets asap they could be in trouble.

Liverpool made a huge mistake and missed the boat last summer not selling one of those two.

Yes fair, it's hard to see who will go for them other than maybe PSG if Real pay out for Mbappe. I don't buy that Levy will let Kane go to team up with Pochettino again given how long Kane's tied down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.