Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Classic the headline doesn't match the comment article. He said he keeps an eye on his progress, noy that he is in touch with him. He may well be, not what he said though.

Watched espn on YouTube there was someone on there who said 14 months ago ole went to meet Haaland to get him to go to them he told them nope

It would be an even bigger psychological blow if it reinforces a team that are Champions of England and Europe this summer.

The spittle of 'It's not fair", "City are ruining football", "City paying £10m a week to two players", that's what I want.

I want heads on spikes. They tried to end our entire club last summer.

Now we must end them.

Winning the CL this summer without Messi would be quite a big thing for Pep and the club.

If we fail this year, the pressure to win the CL will completely overshadow his time here, and if we win it with him, people will write it off as short term and of course you can win with the greatest player of all time in the side.

I think I'm saying this with my blue tinted specs off, but looking at everything logically, I'd be gobsmacked if Haaland doesn't end up here, everything fits, from what we want as a club, what he wants as a player, the financial side, the links with him as a kid and his dad, the possibility of Messi coming here, fuck me, which young player wouldn't be interested in all that, it's like "If Carlsberg did transfer scenario's", mayb that's why Tolmie refers to it as "The Perfect Storm".

Just suppose Messi signed for us or made it known that is where he was going, what a incentive for Haaland to join as well and play alongside one of the all time greats. The meltdown across Europe would be sensational.

A bit against the grain here but the presence of Raiola in this picture, even if Alfie is in the driving seat, is a big signal to me that money is the priority. Maybe not the only one but certainly the top one.

Why would you turn to Mino Raiola to be your agent? Because he has a reputation for being tough and sticking up for his client's interests no matter what, because he has a reputation for drumming up a bidding war like no other. Bottom line = money.

Alfie's career was cut short by injury, the family know more than most that this circus could all end tomorrow.

EBH is talking a good game about wanting to take on Mbappe for ten years to be the top player on the planet. He may well feel that way, but that's what I'd be saying too, if I wanted to inspire FOMO among all the clubs looking at me. Don't think of me like you do Werner or Martinez, think of me like Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe.

Actions speak louder than words, so I think it's more likely that the highest bidder will win than anything else.

I'm sure we can put a competitive offer on the table but we all know that that lot over the road have shown themselves prepared to near bankrupt themselves just to stop City closing a deal (a fat lot of good it's done them too). Ed Woodward is susceptible to 'shiny new toy syndrome'. Raiola has also made a pretty penny from all his dealings with them.

Be wary of confirmation bias building your hopes up.

Any player who would not want to play with this city team is motivated by money.
I don’t care who the agent is and at the end of the day it’s not the agent on the pitch.
No one can come close to city proposal financially or football prospect wise unless some one has boat load of money to swing the pendulum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.