Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats on Second Captains Podcast for Haaland ...

5th percentile for how many times teammates try to pass to him (95% of strikers are the target of more passes by their team more than him)
11th percentile for passes received (9/10 strikers are receiving more passes than him)
24th percentile for passes received and controlled (3/4 of forwards are doing better than him when they get the ball)

Looking at other top strikers they're all in the top % for these stats.
But he is the number 1 for Goals per 90 and Goals and Assists in the CL, second level for 'expected goals'.

Negative skew - raises questions about his movement and first touch.

Positive skew - he is scoring goals at an insane rate for the amount of times he's receiving the ball, he's an incredibly efficient striker.

Podcast pundit says "it's like the beginning of the terminator movie ... almost every time he touches the ball, he scores".
I have no clue whether those stats are good or not :(

Except for the scoring goals bit, I get that.

This part of Dobsy's post summed it up well.
Negative skew - raises questions about his movement and first touch.

Positive skew - he is scoring goals at an insane rate for the amount of times he's receiving the ball, he's an incredibly efficient striker.

I think the short story is

1/ he would need to improve his link up play to work in this City team, but that's coachable.

2/ he's not just a natural goalscorer, his eye for goal means he's a freak of nature, in a good way. I think part of it from watching him is how hard he can hit a ball. If he stayed as efficient as he is he'd score 30+ league goals in this team.

As someone who hasn't watched a single second of the Bundesliga this season, do Dortmund try to involve him in link up play and such, or is he mainly instructed to get towards the goal and wait for the ball as much as possible?

He has a choice.

Drop his **** of an agent to join a club which could coach him into being one of this generations greatest players or let that **** hawk you around Europe with busted flush teams but your set up for life with celebrity wages.

As someone who hasn't watched a single second of the Bundesliga this season, do Dortmund try to involve him in link up play and such, or is he mainly instructed to get towards the goal and wait for the ball as much as possible?
They do, in the final 3rd. He's closer to Suarez rather than Inzaghi, his vision and link up play are good. Though I doubt about Haaland's suitability for a 10/false 9 role in a possession team - doesn't look comfortable in tight spaces due to heavy first touch, reminds of De Bruyne in a way (if you get what I mean).

Pep would need to tweak the system to integrate him. Or slightly change his position - for example, using him as a right-sided version of late Cristiano Ronaldo

Haaland is obviously amazing but the amount of space Dortmund get is absolutely insane. He would not get anywhere near that space playing for City.

I mean look at all the space Sevilla gave them in CL. Sevilla vs City would have parked the bus and hit on the counter.

Erling is 100% a blue. There's enough out there of him in City kits over the years to suggest it's more than a 'kid supports his dad's team' phase. He literally supported us in the Pearce era FFS. I even heard a story that apparently he had to leave all the City FB groups once he turned pro.

Although, I do think he takes his career seriously enough to not let that be a deciding factor. Not unless he's unsure between two teams, it might become a tiebreaker then.

On another note, it's endearing that Alf stayed on as a City fan. It's possible he's following his other teams too, but he wasn't exactly at City for an extremely long time, so the fact he has a soft spot for us means he must have had a great time, despite everything that happened. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the support during his recovery?
you do know he posts on bluemoon ,he posts under the name of @Leeky :)

Haaland is obviously amazing but the amount of space Dortmund get is absolutely insane. He would not get anywhere near that space playing for City.

I mean look at all the space Sevilla gave them in CL. Sevilla vs City would have parked the bus and hit on the counter.
You could say the same for any player playing in a league other than the PL. For instance, the amount of space Jesus had at Palmeiras was ten times the space you describe Haaland has playing for Dortmund. And yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.