Erling's Backup - Who will it be?

MCFC1993

So Erling's backup, who will it be?

I ask because with games coming every 3/4 days now I think we're going to get the answer soon. I don't expect Haaland to play 90mins tomorrow with Inter in midweek and I don't expect him to play 90mins v Inter with Arsenal coming up

So what do we think Pep is going to do this season?

My early guess would be Gundogan or Foden false 9. I think you stick your biggest goal threats in that area with the freedom to rotate.

Anyone think he'll have any different ideas?

So Erling's backup, who will it be?

I ask because with games coming every 3/4 days now I think we're going to get the answer soon. I don't expect Haaland to play 90mins tomorrow with Inter in midweek and I don't expect him to play 90mins v Inter with Arsenal coming up

So what do we think Pep is going to do this season?

My early guess would be Gundogan or Foden false 9. I think you stick your biggest goal threats in that area with the freedom to rotate.

Anyone think he'll have any different ideas?
McAtee and Silva as well, maybe even Jack.

We'll play the formation we did against united at home (2-3) in the 100 point season but this time we won't have Sterling squandering all the first half chances.

McAtee and Silva as well, maybe even Jack.

From the greatest striker of all time to a young lad who looked average at Sheffield Utd last year? Fucking hell.

Bernie is brilliant but finishing is the weakest part of his game. Similar with Grealish.

Foden and Kev are probably the next best finishers at the club but both way behind Haaland in that aspect, obviously. I guess we’ve no other options at present.

From the greatest striker of all time to a young lad who looked average at Sheffield Utd last year? Fucking hell.

Bernie is brilliant but finishing is the weakest part of his game. Similar with Grealish.

Foden and Kev are probably the next best finishers at the club but both way behind Haaland in that aspect, obviously. I guess we’ve no other options at present.
McAtee did not look average. His team was woeful he was pretty good. He is a decent finisher and is stronger than foden. Kev is wasted up there as is Foden. I agree avout Silvas goal threat but he could provide other things.

In the false 9 we don t need the player to be super goal threat. As long goals come from other positions as well. We need pace on the wings and scoring from down in midfield as well. We should probably try play Kev, Foden and Whippy to ensure this happens.

Whoever it will be, it will be a square peg in a round hole. Pep is probably going to have to regularly rotate who the sacrifice is as to not upset anybody by constantly playing them out of position.

If we had Alvarez or a replacement, haaland doesn't play tomorrow, as it is he'll start all 3 within the next week if hes available, there wont be many games where we can afford not to start him.
Which is why i think we'll be going into most games aiming to smash teams like Brentford within an hour and then get haaland off and see the game out by playing keep ball.

Watford will be the interesting one, he surely wont play that and even though they'll be lots of changes, that will be the first time we will see a lineup that is setup with no striker, the personnel might be different for that game but the plan should be the same for if/when we've got to play without him in a big game.

We'll play the formation we did against united at home (2-3) in the 100 point season but this time we won't have Sterling squandering all the first half chances.
And who do we have on the wings that's more prolific than him? His conversion rate was terrible but we don't have anybody who has the goalscoring instinct he had who can put up even half the numbers sterling was consistently getting from the wings. Grealish gets about as many as a centre back, doku marginally more and savinho i have high hopes of seeing a decent return from but the lads been here 10 minutes.

Ederson;-)

Whoever it will be, it will be a square peg in a round hole. Pep is probably going to have to regularly rotate who the sacrifice is as to not upset anybody by constantly playing them out of position.

If we had Alvarez or a replacement, haaland doesn't play tomorrow, as it is he'll start all 3 within the next week if hes available, there wont be many games where we can afford not to start him.
Which is why i think we'll be going into most games aiming to smash teams like Brentford within an hour and then get haaland off and see the game out by playing keep ball.

Watford will be the interesting one, he surely wont play that and even though they'll be lots of changes, that will be the first time we will see a lineup that is setup with no striker, the personnel might be different for that game but the plan should be the same for if/when we've got to play without him in a big game.

And who do we have on the wings that's more prolific than him? His conversion rate was terrible but we don't have anybody who has the goalscoring instinct he had who can put up even half the numbers sterling was consistently getting from the wings. Grealish gets about as many as a centre back, doku marginally more and savinho i have high hopes of seeing a decent return from but the lads been here 10 minutes.
I'm talking about that one specific game and even then probably only the first half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.