Escape Lounge Ringway Airport

And that’s another story...
Last time I went through security via ‘fast track’ at Manchester airport I had to wait behind mothers with babes in prams and the old / disabled in wheel chairs. I have no problem with either but to call it ‘fast track. and charge you £5 for the privilege is a joke!
But then again Manchester airport really is laughable.

Had a friend who recently paid to go through fast track, with her hubby and 2 kids, on arrival, they were told they'd have to go through fast track anyway, as they had a pram...

Unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
Manchester airport is a complete disgrace of an airport.
Terminal 3 is truly third world.
At all of the terminals the security staff act like they are the Gestapo.
The queues to get through security are completely unacceptable.
Whilst Liverpool airport is smaller it is a much more efficient place than Manchester.
Manchester airport is an embarrassment to the city of Manchester - it really is.
I agree it’s a fuckin toilet of an airport

Went in one for the first time in October, cant remember which one it was though. The food was pretty naff and the moment they put it out they were queuing round the block for it. The bar had a sign on it saying they would only serve you 3 drinks (There was a few of us so we did "rounds" anyway). Oh and the toilets which werent even in the lounge were a disgrace. You are basically paying to guarantee yourself a seat in the airport.

Even getting to the airport can be a pest. The train from Piccadilly was delayed, delayed again and delayed some more before being cancelled altogether. Then a rickety old thing from the year 1927 trundled in to take us. I’d have felt safer with Thomas the Tank Engine.
Just get the tram

if you do use these lounges make sure your kids dont have logos on there clothes
they wont let them in.
the website states no footy shirts, my lad had a smart pair of nike bottoms.
my Mrs had to go downstairs to buy him a pair of shorts to go in.
The staff are surly and rude.
We complained when we got back. I wouldn't use them again and told them that in an email.
they looked into it and offered us half price for this year which i wont be taking them up on.

similarly they turned this family away

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/family-were-turned-away-manchester-13476712

I just love the fact that the OP still calls it Ringway Airport. All that money and effort promoting Manchester Airport 'Your gateway to the world' wasted on him.

no argument there Dave but the woman at the desk was a real vinegar tits
To be honest, I've never used these places myself as I'm usually driving at the other side so can't have a skinful, therefore have never seen their entry rules. Does seem a bit extreme to disallow sportswear if it's in good, clean order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.