Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

10 years ago we were a poor side and big important victories were rare and incredibly well received.

We are now one of the best club sides in the world, expect to win a vast majority of games and win a good persentage of those comfortably.

Generating atmosphere when hammering poor teams by 5 goals is difficult , never mind when a teams plays 10 behind the ball and trying to keep the score respectable.

Added to the fact that a lot of real fans have been priced out of the game and replaced by corporate, whom are more interested in the half time cuisine.
10 years ago we were winning the FA Cup.

The real fans still go or are too old to make the games.

Last edited:
10 years ago we were a poor side and big important victories were rare and incredibly well received.

We are now one of the best club sides in the world, expect to win a vast majority of games and win a good persentage of those comfortably.

Generating atmosphere when hammering poor teams by 5 goals is difficult , never mind when a teams plays 10 behind the ball and trying to keep the score respectable.

Added to the fact that a lot of real fans have been priced out of the game and replaced by corporate, whom are more interested in the half time cuisine.

poor side? We’d just won the fa cup and had a really good side. Agree with some of your other points though

poor side? We’d just won the fa cup and had a really good side. Agree with some of your other points though
Poor side was the wrong term, a growing side, a side learning to win and become winners, there was a buzz about the place, going back in time.

The same buzz was at the ground when Howard Kendal was manager, from losers to building a winning team.

We are now at the stage of expecting to win and expecting to be entertained, a huge shift in why the atmosphere is no longer what it was.

And those same fans have seen us win multiple trophies, a dream but the fact is, it is almost expected.
I agree mate. Many take it for granted or are satisfied with all that we’ve achieved.

Some let the media onslaught get to them but they only way to best that is to stick together, support the team and expand our fan base amongst friends and family etc.

I agree mate. Many take it for granted or are satisfied with all that we’ve achieved.

Some let the media onslaught get to them but they only way to best that is to stick together, support the team and expand our fan base amongst friends and family etc.
That's the major problem we have as a fan base for me, 'satisfied with what we have achieved!"

We should not be satisfied, grateful and proud yes, but don't we want more, better, greater?

I hope we do as fans, because I am 100% certain the Manager and owner sure do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.