Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I just checked the thread name again but it's all about attendance numbers or ticket prices. Says it all really...

I know I don't have the right to criticize Blues in the ground and I also know why our home support is what it is, but 1 thing I'd like to mention:

I find it truly sad that away fans can booo one of our players in sky blue several times and the home crowd doesn't silence them by a loud
"We luv Jack Grealish, we do..." or whatever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
That's poor and should be different from now on.

In a match where we were permanently shafted by refs and opponent we didn't support our team in voice when it was so easy. I don't get it.

I just checked the thread name again but it's all about attendance numbers or ticket prices. Says it all really...

I know I don't have the right to criticize Blues in the ground and I also know why our home support is what it is, but 1 thing I'd like to mention:

I find it truly sad that away fans can booo one of our players in sky blue several times and the home crowd doesn't silence them by a loud
"We luv Jack Grealish, we do..." or whatever. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.
That's poor and should be different from now on.

In a match where we were permanently shafted by refs and opponent we didn't support our team in voice when it was so easy. I don't get it.
Is that a serious comment?

Wolves fans were always going to boo Grealish due to his Villa past. I'm sure he doesn't give a rats arse so why should we? It's what away fans do and why not?

Early kick offs have always been a bit flat, and the stop start nature of that game didn't help.

Personally I'm not to fussed. Listened to Wolves fans sing about how shit our supporters are, and how our ground was too big for us, and how it was a library and a fire drill (has football bantz changed in 20 years?).

And then after the game I listened to some of the thick fuckers sing about the Champions of Europe, we'll never sing that (confused, yes me too).

We got 3 points and they got 0.

Early kick offs have always been a bit flat, and the stop start nature of that game didn't help.

Personally I'm not to fussed. Listened to Wolves fans sing about how shit our supporters are, and how our ground was too big for us, and how it was a library and a fire drill (has football bantz changed in 20 years?).

And then after the game I listened to some of the thick fuckers sing about the Champions of Europe, we'll never sing that (confused, yes me too).

We got 3 points and they got 0.
I heard a supporter of theirs walk past the David Silva statue and say, “ can’t believe he has a statue for an average player”. I said “4 titles. World Cup. Euros, FA Cups and League cups, not exactly Steve Bull is he”

I don’t agree with that first point at all. It wouldn’t be a waste of time. Without the fans the club would be nothing. We can make all the difference. Lots of our fans don’t seem to realise that

your telling me if city fans started to mass protest or the ground was half empty they club wouldn’t be bothered?
It needs an organized group like a supporters trust to raiseteh question and we don't have one so it will never be addressed. I doubt dippers or rags would stand for the prices we charge. Thing is we already have an aging fan base and if we're not careful we'll price out the next generation. You would think that with the fantastic football we're playing the atmosphere should be rocking and games sold out weeks ago or is actually that very style of tippy tappy passing possession controlled football (which I love by the way) that is actually killing the atmosphere. Who knows ? but what I do know is we need take care of our next generation of fans and give them sensible ticket prices so that they can attend games on a regular basis to build a love and a sense of loyalty to the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.