Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I was dreading the day pep leaves us. But I’ve just got a feeling this won’t be the last time he does something like this either. There’ll probably be something in the run up to the derby game maybe an interview with the family man this time where he’s licking rag arse once again. Anymore shite like last night and I wouldn’t care if he leaves. Sad but it’s just how I feel at the moment

If the Club’s PR dept isn’t fully aware of this by this point, and doesn’t TELL Pep he needs to apologize, or fix it, in his Pre-Match Press Conference on Friday, then it’s criminal whatthefuckery!

Pep needs to simply say he apologizes to the tens of thousands of fans who were there and that he understands how difficult the pandemic has been for many of them, many of whom have lost their jobs and have other financial obligations.

In concert with that, the Club announces a simple ”£20/£5” ticket policy for the CL Group Stages will go into immediate effect, with a £5 or £10 “riser” for every subsequent Round. Final ticket sales per UEFA, of course.

Last edited:
BBC:

The Etihad Stadium capacity is about 55,000 and there was a crowd of 38,062 against RB Leipzig, with the away section virtually empty.

And what in God's name are we supposed to do about that?
For what it's worth: I listened to it on the radio (don't live in England, and work on Wednesdays), and you could hear our chanting in the background right the way through. Ironically enough, it was the "empty seats at 'ome” that was clearest!

Remember, this is the BBC.

How long has the capacity not been 55,000?

Some no mark BBC employee at BBCR7 - Mediacity, not checking basic facts before writing the article.

A lot of insecure people here. Pep said he wants more fans in the ground, so what?

Only insecurity is making people upset about it, still thinking that we're a small team, inferior mindset.

It's throwing us under the bus and doing reputational damage. Saying he wants more fans as if both our home games in the PL haven't averaged close to 52k is nonsense and just fuels anti City hysteria.

The atmosphere last night was really poor, as are most Champions League nights in the group stages. Probably to do with a lot of fans who don’t normally attend, if it was noisy last night he probably wouldn’t of mentioned the crowd.

yea because the atmosphere is so much better with all the regular attendees…. Some of the best games/ atmospheres I’ve seen at the etihad aren’t in the league.

Lots of season ticket holders go out of habit and more often then not sit in silence

A lot of insecure people here. Pep said he wants more fans in the ground, so what?

Only insecurity is making people upset about it, still thinking that we're a small team, inferior mindset.
That’s PEP’S mindset, that lifelong Blues (not him) have to constantly bat back! I even get “Emptihad” over here and find myself having to explain the catchment area, cost of tickets and the fact that when you go deep in FOUR COMPETITIONS EVERY SEASON, it can create the need to pick and choose and is stopping younger fans from being brought through!

City fans loved their team when they were shit and had shit managers and now they love their team when they’re brilliant and have the best manager. It’s not CITY FANS that have changed, it’s having MANAGERS who don’t understand their fan base, and the financial imperatives and knife edge upon which so many of them live. As others have said, Bobby Manc wouldn’t have said it! However, as I’ve said in the past, I think Pep is in the spectrum….I’ll just leave that out there, as I have in the past.

Pep needs a little history lesson, to include the recent history of a global pandemic and the financial fallout….plus it was a midweek, no “flash” CL game, that just happened to turn into a 9 goal end to end epic!!!

It was TONE DEAF by Pep, and played into the worst narratives of the media against the club and its fan base. If he doesn’t realize this now, and correct it, then it’s THE CLUB that needs a wake up call!

The saddest part of this is that it emphasises just how out totally of touch our Coach and the management team are from understanding the life of the real-world supporters of this Club.

The recent pathetic Ferdinand interview and general rag arse-licking combined with the recent derby indifference had alarm bell ringing and last nights interview comments - regardless of their intention - tells their own story.

its not just the management team. The club is out of touch with ordinary fans. They only care about expanding the brand and attracting the tourists

45,000 against Leipzig. Not 37,000 via the BBC.
3000 Leipzig fans missing.
1000's, maybe 1000 or 2000 fans not bothering due to the on-going ticket office, system, phone farce.
COVID.
It would have been a 50,000 crowd.
First 3 home games, including Southampton on Saturday, 50,000+.

Can I ask you. What the f*ck are you on about?

Fair comment. Pep always something for a reason. He is very measured. He preceded his request for people to turn up at 3pm Saturday for the Southampton match by saying: "We have scored 16 goals in our last three home matches." I believe he was making a point. A bit like when he said we "couldn't afford" a striker. As a fanbase we are probably oversensitive to criticism but I think a lot of us are just totally sick of the relentless negative narrative about our club in the media.
I’d say it’s a call to arms. The team will be tired against Soton and we need to back them and push them over the line. I remember days when we were starved of success and would give our right arm for European nights because we were never at the party. Sensitive issue with uefa stuff but as fans we need to embrace these nights and turn up for what is the best City team I’ve ever seen. I back Pep all the way .. he’s maybe trying to change our mentality too with what many perceive as a dig.all the other top English teams seem to have a full house for these games. I think we ought to step up to the plate.on a side note. That bloody stadium announcer does my head in. Turn the PA system right down. He is everything I hate about modern day stadia. Over the topTicket prices Etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.