Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Thick skin needed blues. It’s not like we don’t have the experience to handle this role created by the media to pander for the Rag/scouse twats.

City are massive, it must hurt them all so much.

water off a ducks back at this point, i couldn’t care less what’s said about us. some utter cry babies on here these days. what else can they report on other than this nonsense?

What do you think doesn't he get? This isn't aimed at you specifically, but there are people talking about Pep the millionaire as if he has been rich all his life. He is the son of a bricklayer. His childhood neighborhood looks like a favela for fuck's sake. He is literally the rags to riches story of a working class man who worked hard and made it to the top. People giving him shit like he was born to a millionaire. "Oooh Pep doesn't get poverty, he doesn't know the hard life". What bollocks.

Who mentioned money or being a millionaire? Not even close to the point I was making. I think he doesn't get City fans or Mancs. I don't get Barca's fans, not cos I'm not on the same financial footing as them, cos I likely am, but its cos I'm not from Barcelona, not Spanish/Catalan and haven't lived in that area and interacted with them for years. I don't think he gets the backlash that this would cause. I don't think he gets that this doesn't actually help and will be twisted into something much worse.

So Pep does.

So what's with the recurring veiled criticism, however he puts it, of our mainly working class support?

I've had it in my ear all morning in work from Rags who never go to a United match. If Pep hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have either, as City won 6-3, and United lost 2-1. But Pep did, when he didn't have to.
We have conceded 3 completely avoidable goals against Leipzig, showing signs of mental frailty in moments.

A nothing game against Southampton and the stadium will be absolutely bouncing now. The famous 12th man.

We're playing Chelsea, PSG and Liverpool next. Those 3 games will show us the mentality of the team this season, if the players are psychologically and mentally up for it.

Connects the dots and you tell me why he said what he said.

Who mentioned money or being a millionaire? Not even close to the point I was making. I think he doesn't get City fans or Mancs. I don't get Barca's fans, not cos I'm not on the same financial footing as them, cos I am, but its cos I'm not from Barcelona, not Spanish/Catalan and haven't lived in that area and interacted with them for years. I don't think he gets the backlash that this would cause. I don't think he gets that this doesn't actually help and will be twisted into something much worse.
Not you, and I said in my comment that it wasn't aimed at you specifically. But if you want me to find the thousands of comments calling him an out of touch millionaire, then I'm willing to waste my next 2 hours compiling the list.

So Pep does.

So what's with the recurring veiled criticism, however he puts it, of our mainly working class support?

I've had it in my ear all morning in work from Rags who never go to a United match. If Pep hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have either, as City won 6-3, and United lost 2-1. But Pep did, when he didn't have to.
I've had it in my ear all morning at work too. Same as yesterday. They're absolutely lapping it up. Pep scored an own goal, as unpalatable as that is for some to accept.

It is significant.

It's part of a bigger picture where the MSM portray us as a plastic club with no history.

And that has to matter.

Some of us appear to be more sensitive to such matters .

And the rags " supporters " who I know are absolutely blind to reality or fact so my comment is very relevent imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.