Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I get it but you also talked about how half of our current players joined because of Pep. It's not like we haven't had world class players before him. That's why I mentioned those 4 names as those players had way more impact than the players Pep has bought.
The 4 you mentioned were here for nearly 10 years. None of the players bought since Pep arrived have been here 10 years so we are in no position to judge their long term impact. It's a false comparison.

In 08/09 season, which ended with Pep winning 6 trophies with Super Barca with Messi,Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Eto, Alves etc.

This was their CL group stage attendances for Camp Nou.

9 December 2008
Camp Nou, Barcelona
Attendance: 22,763
Referee: Mike Riley (England)

4 November 2008

Attendance: 49,479

16 September 2008
Attendance: 58,354

Then 86K vs Lyon in 1/16 round.
93K vs Bayern in 1/8 round.
95K vs Chelsea in semis.

I checked next season in 09-10 season where they were CL holders:

68K vs Dinamo Kiev
56K vs Rubin Kazan
93K vs (Mourinho's Inter)

clearly for a stronger opponent nearly full house or in later stages, but against other lesser clubs its 50-60% capacity or worse, the dead rubber vs Sahtar where they already had won group and Pep rotated the squad 22K fans were in a 95K stadium. we would have more if we had Club Brugge for 6th game and we would be guaranteed 1st placed by then...
Fernandinho did score in the game lol.

Again, I disagree with the bolded part. We are already one of the most hated clubs in the world and I don't think the media cares who our manager is. However, when Pep says things like low attendance or Rags and Dippers being bigger clubs, he is not actually helping our reputation imo.
"We are already one of the most hated clubs in the world", that's a big claim, how did you get that stat., are you counting the fans of our part owners in China or of our Brazilian players, Africa, Middle and far East.

no way was there only 38. Not a chance. There were 1500 in Colin bell level 3 and 1000 in east level 3 empty. 2000 empty on middle and lower tier and 3000 aways. 52.5 less 7.5 - 45.
My brother and i used to be able to predict the crowd figure at Maine rd even accounting for Swales's creative accounting ,and most reagular match going supporters have a very good idea of how full our home stadium is .As i didnt go on Wednesday i asked my brother what he thought the crowd was against Leipzig and he reckond there was nearer 45k , and when you think there was 3,000 empty seats were the leipzig fans would have been, that is a brilliant turn out for a midweek group game against a club with little history or appeal.
Not sure why the club put the official attendance at 38k when so many appear to believe there were a few thousand more , perhaps Swales has been re-incarnated and has taken his 20% in a brown envelope :)

. I was told 7,000 tickets unsold, split evenly between the home and away sections . 55,000 capacity minus 3,500 away fans, minus 3,500 City fans gives us 48K attendance not the media’s reported 38K. Liverpool’s attendance was given as 2,500 above the grounds capacity including a big Milan support.
The capacity has never been 55,097, that is the number of seats. I was advised by City H&S person that matchday capacity was 54,730 due to segregation. It has been reduced this season by approx 1200 to allow for the advertising boards. So I reckon our workable (match day) capacity now is around 53,500; this will be reduced even further for UEFA comps, to around 52,500

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.