Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I don’t think any of the press team can really pull rank on Guardiola tbf. As for the attendance figure, I presume that came from City rather than the BBC plucking it out of thin air. Seemed low to me, but again it’s not a PR issue.
Surely the comms team would have a word in between the RBL presser and today?

The attendance figure is 100% incorrect, I’ve seen 38k in that stadium several times and it’s one closed 3rd tier and empty seats very visible right across the ground.

The Express (of all papers) even said today it’s yet to be confirmed by the club.

The club needs to do something

I don’t think any of the press team can really pull rank on Guardiola tbf. As for the attendance figure, I presume that came from City rather than the BBC plucking it out of thin air. Seemed low to me, but again it’s not a PR issue.
Sorry Ric I disagree. Anything said outside of a institution about the institution is PR and marketing. its what you learn in business school nowadays. They don't need pull rank on Guardiola because he said nothing wrong. They just had to say "reports in media are incorrect Pep asked for supporters to make some noise for tough fixture ahead and we thank the 45k supporters today for their incredible support today" . See its so simple.

I'm genuinely annoyed! The great man needs to take a dose of humility tablets and just simply say 'sorry if I was misunderstood blah, bah'. The simple facts are that in these unusual times not everybody is able or willing to attend games as usual due to the blindingly obvious COVID implications. For example, my son tested positive today and we can't therefore attend tomorrow's game. We are not alone. We have an ageing fanbase and many die-hard Blues will have to give the game a miss tomorrow for reasons like this. The incompetent handling by the club of the new entry system does not help. Well done Kevin Parker for having the Gonnads to speak on our behalf. Around 52,000 for the Arsenal game suggests we aren't doing too badly given the current climate!

Surely the comms team would have a word in between the RBL presser and today?
I’m almost certain they did, but it’s naive to think that Simon Heggie would say to Pep “this is what you need to say” and that he’d go along with it. Guardiola was extremely bullish today and was always going to say what he wanted, not what the PR dept wanted.

Because Pep fed a media base that are desperate to whip up anti City hysteria and it gets lapped up. It shouldn't be our manager that does that.

Looking around the stadium and saying 'I would like more people to come next game' when our home attendance is the 4th highest this season and we've been close to sold out for both of those games just doesn't make any sense.
The media will whip anything and twist anything to feed hysteria against city. so you should direct your anger and go to war against them.

Pep never fed anything to the media. He just said because the players look tired against a rested sourthampton he asked people to come in numbers and vocally support the team. he never said he was disappointed with the attendance that day particularly.

I don't think Kevin meant any harm, but he somewhat ironically stoked the fires unintentionally in pretty much the same way Pep did unintentionally.

I'm genuinely annoyed! The great man needs to take a dose of humility tablets and just simply say 'sorry if I was misunderstood blah, bah'. The simple facts are that in these unusual times not everybody is able or willing to attend games as usual due to the blindingly obvious COVID implications. For example, my son tested positive today and we can't therefore attend tomorrow's game. We are not alone. We have an ageing fanbase and many die-hard Blues will have to give the game a miss tomorrow for reasons like this. The incompetent handling by the club of the new entry system does not help. Well done Kevin Parker for having the Gonnads to speak on our behalf. Around 52,000 for the Arsenal game suggests we aren't doing too badly given the current climate!
he was not misunderstood. his words were deliberately twisted because english was not his native. If anyone needs to apologize its the media. Anyway good night tomorrow the game should be fun.

I’m almost certain they did, but it’s naive to think that Simon Heggie would say to Pep “this is what you need to say” and that he’d go along with it. Guardiola was extremely bullish today and was always going to say what he wanted, not what the PR dept wanted.
“It was taken out of context” would have done. Nothing more or less

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.