Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It might help if he (and all of our fanbase who’ve completely overreacted to this) actually listened to Pep’s words.

Pep simply asked us to get behind them today because they’re going to be tired.

He never once mentioned attendance or atmosphere. Where that incorrect notion that Pep has criticised us has come from is a mystery. Which fan was the person who first set that narrative? Because it’s nothing like what Pep said.

So Parker coming out and saying “Pep should stick to coaching” just comes across like a fan representing a fanbase incapable of listening properly.

WE are the ones who’ve blown this argument out across the media. Not Pep.
He asked for more people than were thsre is all you can deduce from his comment

Average PL attendances this season:

Liverpool: just over 53k
City: just under 52k

One is widely accepted to have "magnificent support that intimidates any opposition visiting the Anfield cauldron"
... while the other is an "endless empty seats 'Emptyhad' laughing stock that even their own manager is embarrassed about".

It's all a bit odd / nonsensical.

It might help if he (and all of our fanbase who’ve completely overreacted to this) actually listened to Pep’s words.

He never once mentioned attendance or atmosphere. Where that incorrect notion that Pep has criticised us has come from is a mystery. Which fan was the person who first set that narrative? Because it’s nothing like what Pep said.

So Parker coming out and saying “Pep should stick to coaching” just comes across like a fan representing a fanbase incapable of listening properly.

If that is the scenario you choose to believe knock yourself out fella.

He asked for more people than were thsre is all you can deduce from his comment
Not really. Pep’s an intelligent guy and he should have known it would fire up the empty seat brigade. I’m not too bothered and just want to be in a full Etihad singing loud and proud. It might turn out to be a positive.

I have read some of the vitriol aimed as Kevin Parker on Facebook and Twitter. I wonder if some of the posters were taken in by the OSC banter on here overnight. Pretty sad if that’s the case as there was some great WUMing.

Here’s an article summarising another 3 times he’s mentioned low attendances for cup games and stated he wants more fans there.

Not really. Pep’s an intelligent guy and he should have known it would fire up the empty seat brigade. I’m not too bothered and just want to be in a full Etihad singing loud and proud. It might turn out to be a positive.

I have read some of the vitriol aimed as Kevin Parker on Facebook and Twitter. I wonder if some of the posters were taken in by the OSC banter on here overnight. Pretty sad if that’s the case as there was some great WUMing.
There is no bigger wind up merchant than Pep, he is a master of it.

Here’s an article summarising another 3 times he’s mentioned low attendances for cup games and stated he wants more fans there.

He's just been misunderstood every time he opens his mouth. His best defence is that he is good at his job so the needy will always back him.

He would best just saying I'm from Barcelona always worked for Manuel

It is from last season. And given our record attendance in the Etihad is 54,693 against Leicester, the 55,000 capacity bullshit that is being put out by the media is way off the mark. It was reduced to 53,100 for league games and then a further 2,000 for CL games.
It’s all clickbait bullshit that goes with the territory these days and it’s vile to say the least. Literally there is no real journalistic nouce these days especially in football. Basically these media outlets run campaigns about bullying ect and then use those same kind of tactics against joe public as and when it suits to stir up a load of publicity.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again I’ve been going to city since 75 and I can say hand on heart the our club or should I say the people at the top have thrown the fans under the bus again, they consistently allow the media the spew lies and deceit against our club and fans and never say fuck all. The very least they could of done since Wednesday was issue some stats re: stadium attendance and capacity but again silence falls around us.
Only when there is a shadow cast on their name do they get the lawyers out to fight.
I’m not asking for lawyers, just a true representative for our fans. People can say what they like about Kevin Parker but at least he did represent what a lot (not all) fans thought of peps unwise comments.
Yes the club being tight lipped just adds fuel to the fire. I agree, they should reaffirm the current ‘match day’ capacity and they should publish the attendance ASAP after each game. I can’t understand why they don’t anymore. It takes a few seconds to get the correct figures I’m sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.