Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

A few points:

1 - Yesterday was quite quiet, but it was also loud on occasions when we got going. It wasn't the worst atmosphere we've had and I'd say it was quite good given the weather, opposition, game itself, KO time etc.

2 - The atmosphere vs PSG was brilliant and got about 2 pages worth of comments. It's interesting that people come on here to moan when we're poor in the stands, but don't say much when we're great.

3 - Our repertoire of songs isn't brilliant. We need new ones, but we've struggled to get any decent ones going. We need something that the whole ground can join in with - so that means slower, repetitive, simple.

4 - The North Stand L1 should not be a family stand. It often feels like we (the south stand) are singing constantly and nothing comes back the other way. We're the 'singing section' so we're expected to lead, but the whole ground should be a singing section!

5 - The atmosphere has been much improved in general this season. I think rail seating has undoubtedly helped.

6 - The videos of Legia, Dortmund and Ajax fans are brilliant. I love flares and smoke bombs, but there's not a chance in hell I'd do one because I couldn't be doing with the ban/being arrested for it. You can't say 'We should do pyro' if you're not willing to do it and face the repercussions yourself.

I'm in Colin Bell Level 3, and thought we were quiet for the first 25-30 mins, then got sick of the piss-taking by WHU fans, and started giving it back.

They then went quiet and I thought the atmosphere was ok from that point on.

Obviously, it could be better, but I think we're beating ourselves up a bit too much about this.

A few points:

1 - Yesterday was quite quiet, but it was also loud on occasions when we got going. It wasn't the worst atmosphere we've had and I'd say it was quite good given the weather, opposition, game itself, KO time etc.

2 - The atmosphere vs PSG was brilliant and got about 2 pages worth of comments. It's interesting that people come on here to moan when we're poor in the stands, but don't say much when we're great.

3 - Our repertoire of songs isn't brilliant. We need new ones, but we've struggled to get any decent ones going. We need something that the whole ground can join in with - so that means slower, repetitive, simple.

4 - The North Stand L1 should not be a family stand. It often feels like we (the south stand) are singing constantly and nothing comes back the other way. We're the 'singing section' so we're expected to lead, but the whole ground should be a singing section!

5 - The atmosphere has been much improved in general this season. I think rail seating has undoubtedly helped.

6 - The videos of Legia, Dortmund and Ajax fans are brilliant. I love flares and smoke bombs, but there's not a chance in hell I'd do one because I couldn't be doing with the ban/being arrested for it. You can't say 'We should do pyro' if you're not willing to do it and face the repercussions yourself.
1 agreed
2 it was and i praised the atmosphere. I particularly enjoyed as all the usual old farts werent around me in cb3 and were a few younger fans so we even joined in with a bit of singing
3 the edin dzecko song should be banned. Gets on my nerves. I loved edin bit large sections moaned about him. But they now sing his name.
as you say, too fast, irrelevant and no one knows the words
Where as a slow loud SERGIO had people joining in
4 you are always going to get singing sections and non singing sections
5 agreed but i still think could be better
6 totally different fan mentality

At Maine Rd when things went quiet the Kippax used to sing "North Stand, North Stand, give us a song". This encouraged the North Stand to respond as they got roundly booed if they didn't and cheered when they did. Then both stands would sing "Platt Lane, Platt Lane give us a song" and so on. Even the Main Stand were roused into activity on occasion.

The competition between stands always improved the atmosphere. I think it would work these days too.

The point being made about boring old farts not singing means the North stand, being full of noisy enthusiastic young fans should be rocking shouldn't it? It isn't, it's as dead as a dodo.

As a slightly (cough) older fan myself who moved into the south stand some years ago as it was designated the singing stand it can be disappointing, but is a bit better this year. The three tiers don't help, so if the club want an actual proper vocal area it has to be one large non segmented stand. I've been stood next to young mid twenties lads this season due to some regulars either cancelling or deferring and they often won't sing. Perhaps singing is an old fashioned relic from years ago and not seen as cool for some?

Finally 3,000 away fans are often more vocal and sound louder than much larger home sections. This is true at almost every ground. Yesterday the rags fans totally out sung Chelsea all game. Surely if we get 3,000 like minded fans together at home like we do away this would work? Someone in the know in the singing section may be able to answer why it isn't happening. Are there 3,000 in there?

The point being made about boring old farts not singing means the North stand, being full of noisy enthusiastic young fans should be rocking shouldn't it? It isn't, it's as dead as a dodo.

As a slightly (cough) older fan myself who moved into the south stand some years ago as it was designated the singing stand it can be disappointing, but is a bit better this year. The three tiers don't help, so if the club want an actual proper vocal area it has to be one large non segmented stand. I've been stood next to young mid twenties lads this season due to some regulars either cancelling or deferring and they often won't sing. Perhaps singing is an old fashioned relic from years ago and not seen as cool for some?

Finally 3,000 away fans are often more vocal and sound louder than much larger home sections. This is true at almost every ground. Yesterday the rags fans totally out sung Chelsea all game. Surely if we get 3,000 like minded fans together at home like we do away this would work? Someone in the know in the singing section may be able to answer why it isn't happening. Are there 3,000 in there?
I've said it a million times and will say it again.

There are about 800 active singers on one side of the away fans and about 1500-2000 on the other.

If they operated as one the rest of the ground would join in more.

The chance to do was when the new SS upper tier opened but they blew it. the noise would have been double from there because it is under a roof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.