Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Comparing the two I can only guess the difference might be because:
1. Leeds supporters brought more to the party themselves than Chelsea
2. Nerves until we got that goal, as it was a crucial game in terms of a win completely breaking them for the title
3. Early KO/ lack of ale consumed

But just guessing though tbh.
Surely the obvious answer is one was a 7-0 with the first goal on the 8th minute and the last goal on the 80th, and there could have been another 4 or 5 in addition the 7 that went in. Every time it went flat we basically scored. Chuck in the fact it was a night game that, at the time, looked like it might be our last for a while and of course the atmosphere was good. Guardian report said that it the stadium felt like it was looking to get behind something but chances were at a premium. Thought that was true of Chelsea's away support too, tbf.

Surely the obvious answer is one was a 7-0 with the first goal on the 8th minute and the last goal on the 80th, and there could have been another 4 or 5 in addition the 7 that went in. Every time it went flat we basically scored. Chuck in the fact it was a night game that, at the time, looked like it might be our last for a while and of course the atmosphere was good. Guardian report said that it the stadium felt like it was looking to get behind something but chances were at a premium. Thought that was true of Chelsea's away support too, tbf.
Yep, wouldn’t disagree with that take either.

Too many “spectators” at City and not enough “supporters”. I always sing at the match but invariably unless I’m near the chanters behind the goal and in East Stand corner im pretty much on my tod. Its strange why it’s frequently so flat but there must be a reason for it. Could it be the age demographic of our fan base, just a thought. We know that Liverpool is always pumpin but clubs like Newcastle, Leicester, Villa, West Ham, Spurs, Brentford ffs all generate a better atmosphere at home matches. Perplexing to say the least
Pumpin or pimping? That's what the media want you to believe. The reality is something totally different most of the time.
Exactly my thoughts. Always pumping… absolute bollocks. As for the others, ffs..

Pumpin or pimping? That's what the media want you to believe. The reality is something totally different most of the time.
Agree. Thought it sounded decent yesterday given the high stakes. A lot of this is down to media bollocks, guardian report of the match saying the support from city and Chelsea was flat for example. Not really the reality. Changes to stadiums, changes to the match going routine mean it isn’t the same as the old days, but then again I don’t remember a cauldron of noise at every match at every ground.

just listened to the Liverpool Brentford match on the radio. It might get pimped but definitely wasn’t pumped. Came across as nervous and therefore quiet until they got a third, then it sounded a bit like a rugby league match - bit of singing, nothing to write home about. Not a sly dig at them, just the way it is at most places, even though the media will put YNWA on a pedestal, possibly because of guilt or lots of 80s fanboys are now working in the media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.