Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Talked with a Dortmund fan who was over for the weekend in section 105. He was amazed at the lack of atmosphere in the ground compared to Dortmund. Just saying.!

I’m in 116. I like a singalong and a bit of atmosphere. But I don’t judge people who’d rather be in a quieter area and enjoy the game a different way.

Yesterday I was surrounded by pissed idiots who spent most of the game talking about “doing keys” and planning the rest of their New Year’s Eve sesh.

I’d rather have been with the thermos flask and blanket brigade tbh.
Well, that's that other end of the spectrum. But same, those gimps can spoil the experience in a different way.

I have an old woman behind me who spends the whole game calling City players 'useless'. The same players who've won numerous PL titles and more.

She's another type of fan that gets on my nerves but she's entitled to her opinion. No matter how shit they may be.

Talked with a Dortmund fan who was over for the weekend in section 105. He was amazed at the lack of atmosphere in the ground compared to Dortmund. Just saying.!
Was he happy with just the 2x FA Cup equivalents in ten years though?

It’s an unfair comparison though with Dortmund who have had TWO world cups allocated to it down the years with the funding that brings. They make it sound like it’s all their own work, this yellow wall stuff.

Until the club, and by this I mean the people at the very top who make the ultimate decisions around what they want in terms of match day income, actually get on board and help with the atmosphere then we will continue to go round in circles.
Do people really think that pricing local working class people out of going doesn’t have a detrimental effect on the atmosphere? I know the people who do go, could do more but we’re missing out on thousands of people who would help in my opinion.
By all accounts we have one of the oldest match going fanbases in the Premier League and the club are doing nothing about it. £45 is the cheapest kid’s ticket against Spurs, that is a level of piss taking that I can’t comprehend. People come on and defend the club saying they’re not a charity, nobody is asking for charity but those prices are a joke. Until that gets sorted we’re stuck.

South stand sounded in good voice from where we were today - north stand 2. It being the family stand it was a library first half, apart from those of us shouting, and then caught fire after they scored. Barely any singing in this section sadly but more passion as the game progressed. Not the best I’ve seen this season but far from the worst. And beyond singing their name a couple of times I barely heard a peep out of Everton. Onwards and upwards.
I'm of the same opinion. In South Stand and whilst it wasn't great I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. Certainly been a lot worse.
Agree about Everton too, thought they were quite disappointing actually. Especially when they were always in the game whilst it was only 1-0.

Atmosphere was poor yesterday but the game had zero flow to it, didn't help by a whistle happy referee.
One person behind me booed when grealish went off and calling him all sorts, he got a mouthful you never boo one of your own off the pitch

Was he happy with just the 2x FA Cup equivalents in ten years though?

It’s an unfair comparison though with Dortmund who have had TWO world cups allocated to it down the years with the funding that brings. They make it sound like it’s all their own work, this yellow wall stuff.

Eh , its still up to the people that fill it tho rather than the funding, the yellow wall is brilliant in full flow, i know people hate YNWA on here , but Dortmund do a miles better job than Liverpool fans, was thinking that in the Liverpool v liecester game , there were a few flags but hardly anyone put their scarves up and more often follows 90 mins of silence , totally different at the yellow wall.The Yellow wall of Dortmund crushes the kop every time

I saw a Chinese lad in a United top and a club shop bag outside the ground, and in the standing section a bloke with his young kids told off a lad next to me for "effing and jeffing" (his words). All are welcome at City from my perspective, but those little vignettes all add up to a bigger match atmosphere in my opinion.

Thought the atmosphere was alright in 117. Should have been better given the circumstances though, should have been more like the Fulham game. Seems like rest of ground didn't get involved enough either. loved it when erling was getting the crowd going right in front of us.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.