Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

this is how we did it 7 years ago, this is how we advertise for all cup game singing sections. It just doesnt seem to get a good response and fans wont move..

we will be doing all this and more when north stand is near ready.
Good work Trevor. Fingers crossed the extra push does the business this time.

Cant get my head around the expanding long list of excuses on this thread.

The latest additions blame the ref, corporate seats, expensive tickets etc.

Bizarrely one post was blaming the cost of tickets for the Spurs game for the crap atmosphere yesterday !!!! Genius

One post blamed no singing section ??? Can somebody please explain to me what happened to the 1894 singing section in the South Stand which asked people to relocate a few years ago and made no difference to the atmosphere.

The problem is 45000+ sit in silence every week. You could close down every corporate section, make tickets a £1 and have Pier Luigi Collina reffing every week and it won’t get the mute 45000 to make a noise.

In a nutshell that one, good post.

"we love our club, been going there 35 years, but if beer is expensive and i see another tourist with half & half scarf i wont sing at all even if three nil up" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think you know what i mean haha

It all comes down to personal responsibility. If everyone just decided to start songs, joined in at every moment and took on the task of creating an atmosphere at the stadium it would gradually get better.

Every now and then I try to get some songs going in the south stand, a lot of the time it falls on deaf ears but sometimes it works, if even the small amount of season ticket holders who visit this forum decided to commit to creating an atmosphere we would see gradual change.

Impossible to move away fans due to police and security, they want the away fans where they are now, so that they can move them out off the coach car park easily, but yet not give a dam if away fans throw coins and bottles on our heads whilst there !
I disagree that away fans get one of the better away ends. They are penned in by two ends singing at them haha. Also spread over three tiers makes it harder for them to sing together unlike most stadiums where away fans are all in one end. Look at the good position we are in at the swamp / emirates / spurs and others.
Also not a chance away fans can move to another part of the stadium because supporters in those existing seats wont move and kick up such a fuss to club that they wont move at all.
I know what you mean, the laugh we have next to away fans is good, but for me if it means we are in a better end, all together and fans buy in to it, we have a chance of making it a real fortress there rather than our up and down atmosphere.

It has to happen this way to be more vocal for our beloved team, please move when the chance comes, we need more fans like you to make it work.
Thanks for your response and your constant efforts to improve the atmosphere! I have been signing on my own at times in 115 over the years and will happily support anything that yourself and others like 1894 come up with

Why was that Dave?

On the contrary, I was both buoyed and impressed with FC Copenhagens supporters and their support. While they sang and supported the team for 90 minutes, driving them on, and also interacting with the other stands who joined in with the chanting, the City end barley raised a chant all night. TBF it was full of well off FOCs like me and new City supporters wearing River Plate shirts.

PS. I was well-off before the 4 day trip to Copenhagen.
I like natural atmosphere. Don't like the preforming monkey type of atmosphere like at Baryern and Copenhagen. I don't need some knobhead with a drum and a megaphone telling me what to sing, when to cheer and when to jump up and down. Watch the game and react accordingly.

It all comes down to personal responsibility. If everyone just decided to start songs, joined in at every moment and took on the task of creating an atmosphere at the stadium it would gradually get better.

Every now and then I try to get some songs going in the south stand, a lot of the time it falls on deaf ears but sometimes it works, if even the small amount of season ticket holders who visit this forum decided to commit to creating an atmosphere we would see gradual change.
fully agree. Not everyone needs to start a song but everyone can get behind a forward surge, a good tackle, a great piece of skill, behind individual players etc to create a racket that keeps going. Out of that songs will emerge but they should be simple and easy for other fans to join in rather than with complicated lyrics

I like natural atmosphere. Don't like the preforming monkey type of atmosphere like at Baryern and Copenhagen. I don't need some knobhead with a drum and a megaphone telling me what to sing, when to cheer and when to jump up and down. Watch the game and react accordingly.

then we will just carry on the way we are and be posting on here in 2027 that the atmosphere is crap.

it is possible to change but not have a drum and the rest you mentioned. I just wish people wouldnt say "i dont wnat", it would be much better if fans said im going to join in or move.

it isnt going to be drum and megaphone, but we can certainly change things and move around to make it better.

fully agree. Not everyone needs to start a song but everyone can get behind a forward surge, a good tackle, a great piece of skill, behind individual players etc to create a racket that keeps going. Out of that songs will emerge but they should be simple and easy for other fans to join in rather than with complicated lyrics

agree, we should react a bit more to good skill, good tackles, great passing. Thrown in with some simple songs that arent complicated and not just for first 15 minutes then dont bother for the rest of the game !

And prioritise the game not a pint !

Each to their own. I wouldn't have a problem with somebody leading a chant and me following. I/we do that at every home game. (and at away games) It's just that you and others don't see Ar* at the back of 115 starting the chants off. You just hear him starting the chants off.

Unfortunately 'react accordingly' doesn't happen at the Etihad. When the team has been pressing for a winner during or at the end of a match, the vast majority of our fans in the Etihad sit motionless and in silence. It comes to something when Haaland waves his arms in the air on 2 separate occasions against Everton trying to get the fans and the atmosphere going.

Say what you want about the Copenhagen fans, they were brilliant. (I was at the match) They kept on singing and bouncing up and down for 90 minutes They got the other Copenhagen fans going in the other stands and interacted with them. Chants going back and forth. They drove the team on for 90 minutes. Raising the roof everytime Copenhagen attacked, got a corner, got a free kick, etc. At the end of the match the Copenhagen players applauded the Copenhagen fans and went over to the singing end, celebrating with them.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.