Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

It's not really a thing of singing when you're winning or being quiet when you're not.

It's reacting to the game, being part of the ebb and flow of it. With the megaphone/capo approach the football seems incidental. An atmosphere that you could just as easily replicate if the game got called off and they forget to tell everyone.

I think it depends which fans your talking about. The Atalanta fans or aris fans had a capo and drums, but they reacted to the game and sang/ cheered louder when they attacked. They were a combination of traditional and ultra cultures

Can anyone who was there hazard a guess at the average age of City fans last night ? I attend the occasional home CL game and the away fans look to be mostly young men in their 20s whereas our away support in CL games looks to be a much older group.

When I was in my 20s I couldn’t have afforded Euro awaydays, do European clubs massively subsidise travel for their fans ?
Yeah, the demographic last night was mainly older fans. Numbers wise, it was a great turnout. Atmosphere wise, not so but some fans did put a lot of effort in to get things going. 2nd half I moved over to where some of the younger lot were and they hardly stopped singing all half.

I would add that while the Copenhagen fans were quality in terms of noise, they had a megaphone that was so fucking loud that it sounded like it was rigged up to the stadium PA system and even if every City fan had sung themselves hoarse, we can’t possibly compete with that.

Going back to the age demographic, I wouldn’t say it’s just older fans who don’t sing. I’m 52 and I’m always trying to get it going. However, I do know plenty of fans who are as loyal as they come and follow City everywhere. All great people but many of them aren’t singers.

There’s also the age old issue where City fans are loud as fuck in the pubs before these games but many of those same fans strangely don’t sing inside the stadium. Yesterday it was bouncing for hours on end in the Old Irish pub before the match and it was bouncing later on when fans arrived back from the match.

Yeah, the demographic last night was mainly older fans. Numbers wise, it was a great turnout. Atmosphere wise, not so but some fans did put a lot of effort in to get things going. 2nd half I moved over to where some of the younger lot were and they hardly stopped singing all half.

I would add that while the Copenhagen fans were quality in terms of noise, they had a megaphone that was so fucking loud that it sounded like it was rigged up to the stadium PA system and even if every City fan had sung themselves hoarse, we can’t possibly compete with that.

Going back to the age demographic, I wouldn’t say it’s just older fans who don’t sing. I’m 52 and I’m always trying to get it going. However, I do know plenty of fans who are as loyal as they come and follow City everywhere. All great people but many of them aren’t singers.

There’s also the age old issue where City fans are loud as fuck in the pubs before these games but many of those same fans strangely don’t sing inside the stadium. Yesterday it was bouncing for hours on end in the Old Irish pub before the match and it was bouncing later on when fans arrived back from the match.
I think the megaphone was linked to the p.a system, they mentioned it on BT, normally I love the European atmospheres but that really got on my nerves, all you could hear was the wanker with his megaphone

I think the megaphone was linked to the p.a system, they mentioned it on BT, normally I love the European atmospheres but that really got on my nerves, all you could hear was the wanker with his megaphone
Yeah, it definitely sounded like it inside the ground. Nothing against the natural noise generated by the Copenhagen fans and the display was fantastic but that's pushing things a bit too far!

Get that fella from the old irish pub stood at the front with his guitar........see how long he lasted ha
Tell you summat - he put a fucking seriously long shift in and was at it again after the game too. Not a huge fan of what he was doing but can't deny he got the fans going and it was piss funny him telling everyone to get on the tables: "Get on the fucking tables. It's just a table - if it breaks then so fucking what!"

We are discussing how to manufacture an atmosphere in an environment created by football and government.

No drinking in the seats
SIT DOWN
No flares
No smoking anywhere
Seats available for sale but it looks like the club try their best to flog single seats (Probably a conspiracy theory that one).
Report your neighbour if they say anything dodgy at all about anything.
VAR killing any immediate emotion whilst you wait for a ref in a booth to decide.
No going on the pitch or you might get a lifetime ban.

Now under those conditions all you can hope for is a polite clap and a swift (Not to long) glance sideways at the person in the seat next to you. To all the lads and lasses wanting an atmosphere I am with you and I agree with you, but you have to admit that the horse has bolted many moons ago.

Last edited:
Of Alcatraz ??
The Bird Man of Coloumbia.

el_cole_-_colombia.jpeg

And in full dangle mode:

2d3wa9g.jpg

I think we could do this of the Colin Bell 2nd tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.