Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
blueparrot said:
Falastur said:
Is that referring to the area we all thought was going to be turned into the leisure destination, or is it in addition to?

I read to be in addition to? It sounds like the corridor through Holt town to the Centre that the tram goes through. The leisure destination will be around the stadium area and collar sight as I understand it.
MCFC ruining run down housing since 2008.

Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

blueparrot said:
Falastur said:
Is that referring to the area we all thought was going to be turned into the leisure destination, or is it in addition to?

I read to be in addition to? It sounds like the corridor through Holt town to the Centre that the tram goes through. The leisure destination will be around the stadium area and collar sight as I understand it.

Yes, it's the area to the left of Holt Town metrolink stop as you head toward the stadium from town, mostly industrial units and wasteland at present. Some taxis from town will go through the area as a back route to the stadium.

We had the maps for the original plans for Holt Town and the housing 'corridor' that they wanted to link up to the city centre on the thread a couple of years back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...409380-b5cb-11e3-bab2-b9602293021d_story.html

There was chit chat that they might need other funders because of the financial crash.

I can imagine money being made available in some form of loan perhaps but surely City wont do a Robbie Fowler and become a landlord to 7,000?

fbloke said:
We had the maps for the original plans for Holt Town and the housing 'corridor' that they wanted to link up to the city centre on the thread a couple of years back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...409380-b5cb-11e3-bab2-b9602293021d_story.html

There was chit chat that they might need other funders because of the financial crash.

I can imagine money being made available in some form of loan perhaps but surely City wont do a Robbie Fowler and become a landlord to 7,000?

Why not ? It's another few million a year into the coffers. It could open up revenue streams that we haven't even dreamed of. All the roads could be named after separate sponsors. We could do deals with utility companies to push their product in return for favourable rates for the tenants and a nice sponsorship for us ;-)
Seriously though, we've already got a great relationship with the council, but this would send it to a new level.
Developing the corridor helps the campus too. It means from the City centre to the stadium will be a nice place to be, instead of how it is now.

blueparrot said:
Falastur said:

MCFC ruining run down housing since 2008.

A... said:
The completion of the complex is behind schedule; the club naturally aren't impressed and have threatened legal action against the construction company. Initial plans were to move in for preseason, but they're now looking at making the transition from Carrington during the August international break.

Would he very surprised if the club threatened legal action. most contract disputes go to arbitration first.

U
warpig said:
A... said:
The completion of the complex is behind schedule; the club naturally aren't impressed and have threatened legal action against the construction company. Initial plans were to move in for preseason, but they're now looking at making the transition from Carrington during the August international break.

Would he very surprised if the club threatened legal action. most contract disputes go to arbitration first.
Before any dispute goes to Arbitration in Construction it would go to Adjudication.

warpig said:
A... said:

I think we all smelt a rag here anyway warpig. ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.