Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero 93.20 is the problem with the lack of atmosphere..... Not the stadium.
Agreed. All down to us, but some designs are still more fan friendly than others.

What are we waiting for then? This tunnel business to be completed? Don't see why the club can't at least make their intentions clear

I agree, I am really surprised its not been brought up with the club recently.

Your right with the names of former members of staff, could cause a very divided opinions.
I prefer the idea of statues. I had this idea of a 'wall of fame' statue... build a statue of the likes of Mercer, Allison, Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Trautmann etc. Then add to it, put the likes of Mancini in there, Aguero (obviously when the time is right). Could become an iconic part of the stadium, this big wall of statues and wouldn't be limited to 4 people, could end up with 50 people on there!

I'm sure thats the case, but imagine a future with a safe standing East stand level 1, singers corner by the away fans (as is now), songs travelling the full length of the pitch....
This will never happen. The club see s the central blocks of the east stand as a key development area if we ever need more hospitality. They will do something special in the North Stand and if the atmosphere doesn't improve, it never will.

There's a reason the club didn't crack on with the initial plans to replicate the south stand....

any news on the naming of the other 3 stands?

Find it crazy we still haven't done anything yet.

mercer & allison stand - east stand
trautman stand - north stand
sumerbee stand - south stand

alternitaviely you could the stands after areas of streets. for example the 'ardwick end' or grey mere lane

This will never happen. The club see s the central blocks of the east stand as a key development area if we ever need more hospitality. They will do something special in the North Stand and if the atmosphere doesn't improve, it never will.

There's a reason the club didn't crack on with the initial plans to replicate the south stand....

is that definite mate ?, I've seen you mention it before. but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if we just built the exact same as the south stand, which would be a huge opportunity missed.

I prefer the idea of statues. I had this idea of a 'wall of fame' statue... build a statue of the likes of Mercer, Allison, Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Trautmann etc. Then add to it, put the likes of Mancini in there, Aguero (obviously when the time is right). Could become an iconic part of the stadium, this big wall of statues and wouldn't be limited to 4 people, could end up with 50 people on there!

This is a very workable idea.

Could be wall carvings in 'bas relief' as opposed to statues.

And if they do that to block 104, that's me finished
I've already been turfed out of one seat and it's taken me five seasons to get a season card for my current location

I like that idea.

This is how it works at Dortmund. Worth watching

Observations from that:

Terracing / safe standing in place for a centralised area for the type of fan that wants to create an atmosphere
Mostly youngish blokes who are there to be part of the atmosphere / not full tourists there to take pictures and have a nice day out.
Leaders getting the songs going with megaphones
Beer on the terraces
The whole stand is a Dortmund end, a total focal point for atmosphere.

Not saying all these would work at City, but just shows how far off we are of having something similar to Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.