Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a report to the Council Executive last June, it was "the former Hall & Rogers building at the junction of Ashton New Road and Hillkirk Street" (that may be the same site as you're talking about - I have no idea).

It is the site Pet...thnx for the snippets

How soon is When?

When the Liberal Democrats win the election 300,000 new home swill be built a year too.

I've said this in various Manchester threads that we need a world class landmark. We have lots going for us in terms of small attractions, John Rylands, Chethams, Shambles, Castlefield etc but nothing on a scale of, say, Paris. Personally I would flatten Piccadilly Gardens and build something there but I'd certainly live with it on the Etihad Complex.

Regarding Yas Island I had to Google and it came up with this thread (!!) but do you mean this sort of thing?

f287e29ab66f6cd91e3957b966c81749.jpg

That is a rather unflattering image of Yas Marina Hotel which is Whale shaped.

The luminous shell constantly changes colour. When seen in its physical context however it is very striking & very AbD.

I understand they have something similar planned fo the stadium & I hope they give Manchester something world class & iconic.

That is a rather unflattering image of Yas Marina Hotel which is Whale shaped.

The luminous shell constantly changes colour. When seen in its physical context however it is very striking & very AbD.

I understand they have something similar planned fo the stadium & I hope they give Manchester something world class & iconic.

I can't see them doing aesthetic work to that degree. There is unlikely to be a commercial value in doing so. Bayern have the colour changing shell and Allianz back them commercially. We already have a backer that sponsors other stadia and we aren't going to kick Etihad from our stadium. Having a larger stadium makes commercial sense but I am guessing the cost of the south stand expansion isnt yet financially justified so they're holdong off for some on pitch success to no doubt expand the north stand offer a few cheap family seats and drive prices up elsewhere. Ploughing millions into a shell that changes colour isnt worthwhile. It has been done before and it is an after thought. Designing ot in from day dot makes sense not retro fitting. We shall see.

The stadium isn't what our owners would want for us particularly but it is still a lot better than most and it is the football that brings in the money not a pretty stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.