Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm no expert but that sounds like something that could really be exploited. Get planning permission, paint a lamp-post or something to say it's been started and do the rest whenever you want? Really can't see that being the case myself and thought I'd heard (on here) it had lapsed anyway.
Completing half the job is hardly paining a lamp post to exploit a loophole though. Either way I doubt planning would be any issue.

Completing half the job is hardly paining a lamp post to exploit a loophole though. Either way I doubt planning would be any issue.
Aah, but then you're in the realm of what constitutes "started" and what constitutes "x percentage of the total original planning request". It would need to be stipulated in the planning approval documents and I just don't see councils getting into minefield areas like this. More likely it's "here's your approval, you have x years/months to do it".

I agree, there'll be no issue getting approval unless they ask for something radically different.

Hello Vlad.
I once had blood taken at the hospital, and the young (and very pretty) nurse did an excellent job, as I'm difficult to get blood out of ( I blame working for the Revenue for 35 years).
She had an Eastern European accent, and I asked where she was from. She replied Romania. I asked her if she was from Transylvania, and she said "how did you know?" I pointed to my arm, and the penny dropped.
She burst out laughing!

I'm no expert but that sounds like something that could really be exploited. Get planning permission, paint a lamp-post or something to say it's been started and do the rest whenever you want? Really can't see that being the case myself and thought I'd heard (on here) it had lapsed anyway.
Commencement keeps it alive

A friend was telling me last night she bought a couple of terrace houses near the stadium last year for £108k each.

Now had them valued at £160k each and her rental for each one is £920 a month.

I almost choked when I heard that, but she says people are snapping up property around the stadium.

On an interest only mortgage, she must be easily clearing £1000 a month for the pair?

That link is from 2014 and planning permission has now expired. I think it's safe to say that the stadium won't be expanded in the near future.

I would actually hope we decide to build an entirely new stadium in the next decade on where the gas holder and car parks are - it is huge and then the footprint for the Etihad can be used for more parking, transport and leisure buildings?

It seems stupid to spend another £100m on an increase to a stadium which in ten years time will look even more dated in comparison to some of the new structures?

I would actually hope we decide to build an entirely new stadium in the next decade on where the gas holder and car parks are - it is huge and then the footprint for the Etihad can be used for more parking, transport and leisure buildings?

It seems stupid to spend another £100m on an increase to a stadium which in ten years time will look even more dated in comparison to some of the new structures?
To add to that, we will have one of the best indoor arenas in the world making the Etihad look even shitter than it does. New stadium for me is the way forward, but i've always thought that was just a pipe dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.