Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I should hope there are! The NHS is the biggest employer in Europe. Consultants and surgeons who have to study for 10 years before slogging their guts out working 80 hour weeks are well worth their £100k plus, especially when you compare them to a private system like America where they would earn 10 times as much.

Or to put it in perspective a top surgeon in the UK earns in a year what Paul Pogba earns in a week.
Don't think that stat included medical staff

Most major Cities in Europe and the US have underground systems… Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Bristol should have underground systems…. The likes of Lyon, Cologne and Bilbao do.
Please explain where the underground system in Edinburgh is? I have lived there for nearly 40 years and never found one. Edinburgh has a single tram line from the Airport to the City Centre and no real suburban rail system. Glasgow hardly has a Metro System. It has a short loop line covering a small part of the City and largely relies on suburban rail and buses.

Very few Cities the size of Manchester have full underground metro systems. Evan fewer of the medium to large Cities in the US have any sort of underground system. I have encountered them in New York, San Francisco, Miami, DC, and Boston. Others have tram systems but then so does Manchester.

The fact is that most Cities in Europe the size of Manchester have gone for trams rather than full underground systems.

Please explain where the underground system in Edinburgh is? I have lived there for nearly 40 years and never found one. Edinburgh has a single tram line from the Airport to the City Centre and no real suburban rail system. Glasgow hardly has a Metro System. It has a short loop line covering a small part of the City and largely relies on suburban rail and buses.

Very few Cities the size of Manchester have full underground metro systems. Evan fewer of the medium to large Cities in the US have any sort of underground system. I have encountered them in New York, San Francisco, Miami, DC, and Boston. Others have tram systems but then so does Manchester.

The fact is that most Cities in Europe the size of Manchester have gone for trams rather than full underground systems.
Think he said should have them.

Maybe read my message again… I am saying those UK cities don’t have underground systems - but equivalent Cities in Europe do…. I’m sure if Edinburgh had an underground system you’d know… and no I don’t consider the clockwork orange in Glasgow a proper underground system either.

Manchester needs an underground. Burnham muted it a one point but doubt it will ever happen

Most major Cities in Europe and the US have underground systems… Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Bristol should have underground systems…. The likes of Lyon, Cologne and Bilbao do.
the geology of Manchester makes it difficult to bore tunnels There is also a network of tunnels and basements built by the Victorians the cost would be prohibitive

the geology of Manchester makes it difficult to bore tunnels There is also a network of tunnels and basements built by the Victorians the cost would be prohibitive

Correct. It could be done, but it would cost a fortune, like Cross Rail has in London. ;-)

Picc-Vic was a proposed, and later cancelled, underground railway designed in the early 1970s with the purpose of connecting two major mainline railway termini in Manchester city centre, England. The name Picc-Vic was a contraction of the two station names,

1637960306176.jpeg

Agreed about the wait times. It's irritating even more so because the contributing factors seem so glaring and easy to fix.

You shouldn't have to wait 12 mins to get a tram from Picc Station TO the Etihad less than 90 mins before KO. There should have been a queuing system built for trams at the Etihad station so they could have 5 or 6 lined up waiting. Every single tram on the Etihad line on our match days should be a double rather than the single ones.
Absolutely bang on pal. I heard somewhere when they were building tramline that that was what they were doing building a holding area near ground so it can shift people quicker. Trams should be every 3-4 mins leaving Etihad

Correct. It could be done, but it would cost a fortune, like Cross Rail has in London. ;-)

Picc-Vic was a proposed, and later cancelled, underground railway designed in the early 1970s with the purpose of connecting two major mainline railway termini in Manchester city centre, England. The name Picc-Vic was a contraction of the two station names,

View attachment 30623

I did my university dissertation on Pic Vic, it would be a massive improvement on the current situation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.