Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Man City billionaires to turn Eastlands in to Las Vegas?

The cookie monster said:
bluebannana said:
that looks awful we need a kop style stand definitly, btw we wont fill a 60,000 staium less tickets were a fiver so whats the point
With success we would def fill a 60'000 stadium.

We are selling every prem game out now weeks in advance.

forgot about the league attendences tbh got a bit carried away with last nights attendance oopsy me :)

serioulsy though I do think we need an end ( a singing section ) or well end up like arsenal with a three tierd ground with no atmosphere, People complaing the design of eastlands is wrong ( no end, high roofs) why not plan a staium now made for the fans then no one can complain

fbloke said:
qqtks0.png

as hideous a building I've seen

like the slime on Ghostbusters overtaking the library.

Mat01706 said:
fbloke said:
An company that has been part of Manchester MIPIM and has the perfect pedigree to deliver for City methinks

http://www.afl-uk.com/ProjectDetail.aspx?projectID=75

The pictures have been up on the AFL site for a few years now, have you just found them or has something happened to make the proposed plans relevant?

I was pointed towards them earlier today.

I have no idea if this was a general concept or something more specific to a particular client, but there seems to be some elements that match my expectations based on what we all know of the design challenges on the roof etc.

The cookie monster said:
bluebannana said:
that looks awful we need a kop style stand definitly, btw we wont fill a 60,000 staium less tickets were a fiver so whats the point
With success we would def fill a 60'000 stadium.

We are selling every prem game out now weeks in advance.

A huge "Kop" style stands sounds great, but there are two issues

1/ Corporate revenue is far greater than regular punters, so City need to ensure that as many hospitality seats are available as possible.

2/ What would a huge stand look like in the 3rd or 4th round of cup matches? We couldn't fill a 47,000 stadium for a semi final last night.
The club must retain the option of closing off upper tiers for less attractive games

goat boy said:
If they consistently make tickets a tenner we'll fill more or less anything.

Agreed.

Very few people will go to the cinema on a Tuesday... The next day however the cinema is packed.

if there is a bargain to be had, people will have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.