Etihad deal to be increased to £55m/ Year

cheddar404 said:
Marvin said:
Comparing headline season ticket prices is misleading

It should be a weighted average

i.e. If City have 500 season tickets at £299, but 1000 at £650, the weighted average is 500 x 299 + 1000 x 650

Even if the headline figures are a distortion, it's still the case that City's season tickets are cheaper than most of our rivals, whilst match day prices are much more expensive.

I wonder what will happen in the years to come. I think ticket prices have maxed out. It will be important to the Premier League to play in front of packed houses and there are a lot of stadia that are undergoing expansion at the moment:

City, Spurs, Anfield, West Ham. More will follow

Yes. Forget the gimmick £299 season tickets. My South stand season tickets costs me £585 gold or £635 platinum. The equivalent at Chelsea is £750. Considering I'd be paid significantly more if i lived down there, my south stand season ticket is probably more expensive but that's a different debate. Most of their extra matchday revenue will be generated from corporate hospitality rather than general ticket sales though.

You may not be paid significantly more in London , depends on your job, there are people on minimum wage in London and if you.re doing a manual job you wouldn't be on much more.

Corky said:
SPIDERBOY said:
Marvin said:

i.e. If City have 500 season tickets at £299, but 1000 at £650, the weighted average is 500 x 299 + 1000 x 650

Even if the headline figures are a distortion, it's still the case that City's season tickets are cheaper than most of our rivals, whilst match day prices are much more expensive.

I wonder what will happen in the years to come. I think ticket prices have maxed out. It will be important to the Premier League to play in front of packed houses and there are a lot of stadia that are undergoing expansion at the moment:

Found this on match day tickets.
At £126 a pop, Arsenal charge by far the highest price for their 'most expensive' matchday tickets. Chelsea follow in second place at £87. Hull City in comparison will only set you back £30.

Hull was £50 this season for City fans and £35 last season, not for the best seats either. Sunderland and Newcastle have the best prices. Most 'surveys' done by the press are pathetically inaccurate for some reason.

Just checked and that is from last season,sorry..
It does say newcastle have them at £15............I only posted it because it had Chelsea's price in it.

blueparrot said:
cheddar404 said:
Marvin said:

Yes. Forget the gimmick £299 season tickets. My South stand season tickets costs me £585 gold or £635 platinum. The equivalent at Chelsea is £750. Considering I'd be paid significantly more if i lived down there, my south stand season ticket is probably more expensive but that's a different debate. Most of their extra matchday revenue will be generated from corporate hospitality rather than general ticket sales though.

You may not be paid significantly more in London , depends on your job, there are people on minimum wage in London and if you.re doing a manual job you wouldn't be on much more.

True. I could have been run over by one of their bendy buses for that matter. Okay, let's put it this way, Chelsea's fanbase on average will be paid significantly more than City's.

mayo31 said:
totallywired said:
My son is now 16, so his season ticket is going to hurt me. With the law on kids having to stay in education till they are 18, the club should stagger the prices, instead of one big hit from junior to adult.

In my experience City do stagger the prices.

Junior 5-15
16-18
18-21
Then adult.

My daughter was 18 in Sept so still paid 16-18 for season ticket but once she became 18 the cup game tickets increased.

My lad is 16 in May so if City open the window before than I coud get him a season ticket for next season at kids price still. However seeing as the seaosn starts in August I doubt they will let that happen. Fair dos.

You're right, the ST price for each season is based on the supporter's age on a specific date (1st August possibly) so buying early won't work. Of course what you should have done is lied about their date of birth at the outset ;)

willy eckerslike said:
mayo31 said:
totallywired said:
My son is now 16, so his season ticket is going to hurt me. With the law on kids having to stay in education till they are 18, the club should stagger the prices, instead of one big hit from junior to adult.

In my experience City do stagger the prices.

Junior 5-15
16-18
18-21
Then adult.

My daughter was 18 in Sept so still paid 16-18 for season ticket but once she became 18 the cup game tickets increased.

My lad is 16 in May so if City open the window before than I coud get him a season ticket for next season at kids price still. However seeing as the seaosn starts in August I doubt they will let that happen. Fair dos.

You have to supply proof of age and it is the 1st August

You're right, the ST price for each season is based on the supporter's age on a specific date (1st August possibly) so buying early won't work. Of course what you should have done is lied about their date of birth at the outset ;)

richards30 said:
Is this deal actually happening anyone?

“The Sunday Mirror story is rubbish. No truth in at all.” From a good and reliable contact who currently works very closely (in Abu Dhabi) with some of the people referenced in the story. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of what I was told and it wouldn’t be in his interest to be mendacious about anything Etihad-related. I suspect, as does he, the Mirror were punting for a story.

johnnytapia said:
richards30 said:

“The Sunday Mirror story is rubbish. No truth in at all.” From a good and reliable contact who currently works very closely (in Abu Dhabi) with some of the people referenced in the story. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of what I was told and it wouldn’t be in his interest to be mendacious about anything Etihad-related. I suspect, as does he, the Mirror were punting for a story.

The story was written by a City fan with known contacts to the club though. If it turns out to be false, Simon Mullock's reputation with City fans will take a hit.

johnnytapia said:
richards30 said:

Have I missed something as I see no references to any names in the story ???

LoveCity said:
johnnytapia said:
richards30 said:

The story was written by a City fan with known contacts to the club though. If it turns out to be false, Simon Mullock's reputation with City fans will take a hit.

I can't be bothered to search it out but I recall Simon writing pretty much the same story back in October/November time?

Like I said, yesterday, we will know better than to announce the terms or the nature of the ongoing arrangement with Etihad.

The deal has numerous uplifts.

Rather than the story being incorrect, I believe it's more a case of when rather than if, anyhow.

Who cares about the timeline as long as the money will take care of itself?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
johnnytapia said:

I can't be bothered to search it out but I recall Simon writing pretty much the same story back in October/November time?

Like I said, yesterday, we will know better than to announce the terms or the nature of the ongoing arrangement with Etihad.

The deal has numerous uplifts.

Rather than the story being incorrect, I believe it's more a case of when rather than if, anyhow.

Who cares about the timeline as long as the money will take care of itself?

You're right that he did write an article back then. He said that the sponsorship was going to be £50m a season under the new terms, though. It's conceivable that if City saw other team raking in the cash with new deals then they went back to Etihad and said "yeah, £50m isn't going to be enough" and had to start several months of new negotiations.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-set-400million-jackpot-4377857" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ot-4377857</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.