Etihad sponsorship

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Etihad's business was relatively weak even before this and the entire industry is in existential crisis mode right now. Demand isn't forecasted to get back to normal by 2022/2023 and they're cost cutting all over the place.

I can't speak to the state sponsored side to it (ie: the things they do because they have to) but from an economic perspective it makes absolutely no sense for them to renew. The optics would be pretty awful also if they got bailed out then signed an improved deal with us.

Etihad Airways has lost billions in recent years and Covid will accelerate those losses.

A merger twixt Etihad and Emirates Airways,representing all the UAE, remains a possibility at some stage headquartered out of World Central which is on the border twixt Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

It’s increasingly difficult to second guess HH Sheik Mansour & his lead team on these matters.....it could be more of the same or shift the fiscal responsibility to a high tech type of business with global exposure but strong association with Abu Dhabi.

Win the CL,on top of our recent Uefa victory, and we become one of the most attractive sports brands and enterprises on the planet......if’s....but’s....maybe’s.....AND POSSIBILITIES.

Etihad Airways has lost billions in recent years and Covid will accelerate those losses.

A merger twixt Etihad and Emirates Airways,representing all the UAE, remains a possibility at some stage headquartered out of World Central which is on the border twixt Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

It’s increasingly difficult to second guess HH Sheik Mansour & his lead team on these matters.....it could be more of the same or shift the fiscal responsibility to a high tech type of business with global exposure but strong association with Abu Dhabi.

Win the CL,on top of our recent Uefa victory, and we become one of the most attractive sports brands and enterprises on the planet......if’s....but’s....maybe’s.....AND POSSIBILITIES.
Twixt?
CPB = SM's Bessie mate.
Ha,ha.
Entertaining, if nothing else.

Endeavor who's investors include Silver Lake have a nice simple logo. That's all I care about, as long as it looks good on the shirts

It's really not a good time to be looking for a sponsor. Even if we are a bigger advert than we were ten years ago, companies are cutting costs all over the place, and there probably aren't as many companies willing to spunk hundreds of millions sponsoring a football team.
They don’t do it out of charity. They do it because it manifestly benefits their businesses. There’s no ‘spunking millions’ about it

I would have thought we would have a good relationship with Amazon, which has shown no slowdown during COVID...and of course we have a number of teams in our portfolio worldwide which would suit their advertising audience...I think, if we are going to change shirt sponsors, it will be with a CFG view not just our City...

Last edited:
A friend of mine works for one of our old sponsors in AD, here's hoping.
https://saab.com/region/uae/
The SAAB that sponsored City were the UK importers not SAAB Automobiles the car maker, which in its self was a totally different company than SAAB Aircraft which in time expanded in defence systems, this is the company in the UAE, whilst SAAB automobiles sadly went bust

Endeavor who's investors include Silver Lake have a nice simple logo. That's all I care about, as long as it looks good on the shirts
I had a quick look at Endeavor and interestingly they now own Neulion who manage the BT Sports streaming service.

Well, I found it interesting.

I couldn't see a logo mind, do you mean just the name in the fancy font?

It's really not a good time to be looking for a sponsor. Even if we are a bigger advert than we were ten years ago, companies are cutting costs all over the place, and there probably aren't as many companies willing to spunk hundreds of millions sponsoring a football team.
Probably not but if Etihad runs out in a year and they don't wish to extend then it's not like we have much choice. It's a different world for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.