Etihad Stadium

Burtonblue said:
ban-mcfc said:
Burtonblue said:
Have a slight aversion to the word united in any language...

Still Eastlands for me

god job it means unity or union then and not un*ted.

Still too close to the bone for me.

Besides, Eastlands rolls off the tongue much better!

but they are completely different words?

dave_blue12 said:
Can we all please try to use the correct name of our ground.

If we as City supporters don't use The ETIHAD then how can we expect anyone else to ?

If we don't then we will be handing everyone a stick to beat us with. All that money to sponsor a stadium and even their own supporters call it something else blah blah blah

So no excuses, don't like it, can't get used to it etc.

From now on it's the ETIHAD STADIUM OK !

Thank you !
I don't think many people outside a few hundred Blues give a shit what is posted on this forum. And nobody at all knows what we say to each other in the pubs at the games. We could call it Old Trafford and someone stood three feet away from you wouldn't know, never mind the top man at Etihad.

Type in The Etihad Stadium into Google and you'll find the first five artcles are about a stadium in Melbourne, not Manchester.

In the media it will be called the Etihad Stadium and that's all that Etihad will care about. So...no problem!

Will never call it the Etihad, i will always call it Eastlands, City or Home.

TBH i think City fans calling it the Etihad is abit cringey

City fans can call it what we like tbh, as of right now, we're not a global brand and people all over Europe haven't got the slightest idea what our stadium is called, when THEY find out about it, they'll call it the Etihad Stadium but to us, it's simply Eastlands.

The melbourne stadium is called etihad, not 'the' etihad, which I think sounds better. It's a different situation though because several clubs play there and it is not one teams home ground

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.