Euro 2016 in France, Can it still go ahead??

Lenblue

Second major terrorist attack in last few months, easy access for terrorists. Most of the dead at concert hall will be parents / couples leaving many children orphaned. Can Euro 2016 be safe?

I wouldn't personally go.

But then again, look at all the trouble in Brazil before it happened.. so never say never once it has calmed down I'm sure it will go ahead..

Second major terrorist attack in last few months, easy access for terrorists. Most of the dead at concert hall will be parents / couples leaving many children orphaned. Can Euro 2016 be safe?
Most of the dead at concert hall will be parents

That is wrong, it is a venue for young people despite being known as a theatre. The band tonight were a death metal band.

This is definitely a good question and something needs to be taken into consideration. Radical groups will flock to Euro 2016 as a tool to inflict terrorism.

This question will run and run now.. always something dominating before every tournament.. tedious and sad.

Most of the dead at concert hall will be parents

That is wrong, it is a venue for young people despite being known as a theatre. The band tonight were a death metal band.

Eagles Of Death Metal is sort of an ironic band name, they play bluesy garage rock. Founded by Josh Homme of Queens Of The Stone Age. I'm touching forty and it's definitely a concert I could see myself going to.

I know its an often trotted out line but it simply must go ahead (with extreme security measures put in place of course) or the terrorists have won, the best way to beat them if for the normal everyday people to go about their business as best they can, and leave the hunting down and killing of the terrorists to government and the military.

I know its an often trotted out line but it simply must go ahead (with extreme security measures put in place of course) or the terrorists have won, the best way to beat them if for the normal everyday people to go about their business as best they can, and leave the hunting down and killing of the terrorists to government and the military.

I've read that a lot.. but if anything these terrorist attacks are getting worse.. how many more innocent lives have to be lost before 'carry on as normal is only way to win' isn't trotted out like the people dead already are sacrifices..

Action needs to be taken, not keep taking it.. otherwise nothing will change without action.

I've read that a lot.. but if anything these terrorist attacks are getting worse.. how many more innocent lives have to be lost before 'carry on as normal is only way to win' isn't trotted out like the people dead already are sacrifices..

Action needs to be taken, not keep taking it.. otherwise nothing will change without action.

Against who? So easy to over react and say action needs taking, I am sure there will a response in time from the governments and armed forces, but for the average person in the street, what do you propose they do, start attacking innocent people? We should carry on, like we have done when faced with evil in the past.

Edit: Did we cancel Euro 96 when the IRA bombed Manchester? No we carried on, because if we backed down, the IRA would have won.

Against who? So easy to over react and say action needs taking, I am sure there will a response in time from the governments and armed forces, but for the average person in the street, what do you propose they do, start attacking innocent people? We should carry on, like we have done when faced with evil in the past.

Edit: Did we cancel Euro 96 when the IRA bombed Manchester? No we carried on, because if we backed down, the IRA would have won.

I DO agree with what you are saying but at the end of the day we are talking about the French... there not known for there security messures , so i will be watching from the safty of my local pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.