EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd have taken Ward-Prowse too, but at least White makes it four fit centrehalves.
I think White is a good prospect, my worry is that Southgate picked him because he can also play as a DM, fuelling my fear that he will start with 2 DMs to the exclusion of one of Foden, Mount, or Grealish in which case my telly will be in danger.

I can't see England winning it with Southgate in charge, my vote goes to Roberto's Italy who have been quietly improving over the last couple of years.

I rate Ben White, he’s better than Mings & Coady and should be starting for me.

We have a 26 man squad with two "out and out" strikers. That's poor.

Too many similar players. Usually in a 23 man squad you'd have three keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers. Maybe one or two that are versatile there but that's what you'd look at. Because Southgate wants to play different systems he is picking players and back up for those and is also worried about Maguire's fitness and picking Henderson based on his off field assets. Sorry, but you're the manager mate you motivate the players. Pick Henderson as a coach if you want him there for that reason.

Ward Prowse and Ings. That's what this squad is missing. We're knocked out of tournaments either by losing by one goal or on penalties. So we're likely to need a goal or a penalty taker. Ward Prowse is so good at creating from deep. Rice is a good player but that's not him, similarly Bellingham is good at driving from midfield but not necessarily running the game from deep in the same way. Phillips and Hendo are useless creatively.

With so many quick players and height in Kane/DCL it would be ideal to have Ward Prowse to use late on in games if we need a goal. Whether from open play or set pieces where he's fantastic. One of the best in the league. Similarly, you might only get one chance. Who in the side would you back on converting? Kane. He's the only one. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Saka, DCL? Wouldn't back any of them to take it. Then you have Danny Ings. I'd back him.

Would have sacked White/Coady/Mings (one of) for Ward Prowse. And one of Saka/Henderson for Ings.

We have a 26 man squad with two "out and out" strikers. That's poor.

Too many similar players. Usually in a 23 man squad you'd have three keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 4 strikers. Maybe one or two that are versatile there but that's what you'd look at. Because Southgate wants to play different systems he is picking players and back up for those and is also worried about Maguire's fitness and picking Henderson based on his off field assets. Sorry, but you're the manager mate you motivate the players. Pick Henderson as a coach if you want him there for that reason.

Ward Prowse and Ings. That's what this squad is missing. We're knocked out of tournaments either by losing by one goal or on penalties. So we're likely to need a goal or a penalty taker. Ward Prowse is so good at creating from deep. Rice is a good player but that's not him, similarly Bellingham is good at driving from midfield but not necessarily running the game from deep in the same way. Phillips and Hendo are useless creatively.

With so many quick players and height in Kane/DCL it would be ideal to have Ward Prowse to use late on in games if we need a goal. Whether from open play or set pieces where he's fantastic. One of the best in the league. Similarly, you might only get one chance. Who in the side would you back on converting? Kane. He's the only one. Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Saka, DCL? Wouldn't back any of them to take it. Then you have Danny Ings. I'd back him.

Would have sacked White/Coady/Mings (one of) for Ward Prowse. And one of Saka/Henderson for Ings.
Gareth Guardiola;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.