EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croatia are better than us, 2nd place will work in our fav on paper, then it becomes a cup game, at least 5 or 6 better sides than us so i aint expecting “football coming home” as usual :-/

Seems pretty clear that the likes of Grealish, Mount and Foden should be in the starting XI, but still expect Southgate to stick with with senior players like Henderson, Sterling and Rashford. Just hope he's brave enough to pick players on merit rather than reputation.

I hadn't really thought about Italy much for winning this but just saw they won their last 7 games without conceding a single goal. A solid defence usually wins you things. I think I still have Portugal just as my favourites to win it as they have a lot of talent all over the pitch.

I don't feel confident in England at all. Especially hearing that Southgate has been training using full backs as CB's in a back 5. I really don't get why he goes so defensive when we have a lot of great young attacking talent.

Seems pretty clear that the likes of Grealish, Mount and Foden should be in the starting XI, but still expect Southgate to stick with with senior players like Henderson, Sterling and Rashford. Just hope he's brave enough to pick players on merit rather than reputation.
Picking the likes of Henderson is the clearest indication that PizzaGate is desperate NOT TO LOSE, rather than picking a bit of flair and going for the win with some technically gifted, clinical, and pacy football! And I read today that Luke PIeMan is getting a CB berth?

Picking the likes of Henderson is the clearest indication that PizzaGate is desperate NOT TO LOSE, rather than picking a bit of flair and going for the win with some technically gifted, clinical, and pacy football! And I read today that Luke PIeMan is getting a CB berth?
Well he is big enough to block up half the pitch.

but we finally have a manager who picks more Man City and less Man U/Liverpool players than ever before and you can't be arsed with this England

what many people forget is that International football is pretty dross, i've watched Brazil with all there star names and flair play some dreadful football at time, so many just watch England and think we're dull because they do not watch other international teams play, tournaments are tight affairs, lesser teams tend to sit back and defend for their lives and if we only win 1/2-0 everyone still sulks.
I watch lots of foooty and most of it can be pretty dull for the casual 'fan'. They wanna see action, goals, cards, near misses etc. Most 'big' games like finals, deciders and tournaments are cagey affairs with teams setting up not to lose unless they're forced to attack.
Personally i find a good tackle or save or pass or control or movement worth watching so i can find some viewing joy in pretty much every game.

I hadn't really thought about Italy much for winning this but just saw they won their last 7 games without conceding a single goal. A solid defence usually wins you things. I think I still have Portugal just as my favourites to win it as they have a lot of talent all over the pitch.

I don't feel confident in England at all. Especially hearing that Southgate has been training using full backs as CB's in a back 5. I really don't get why he goes so defensive when we have a lot of great young attacking talent.

Very difficult to pick a winner,France,Portugal,Germany,Italy,Spain all very capable,and if it wasnt for Southgate......id have England in that group too.

I agree but got a feeling hes going to start with a back 5 and the 3 senior players you mentioned one of whom has played 45 minutes (in a friendly) since february

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.