EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whether we like it or not it hasn’t been a fair tournament. COVID has nothing y on do with with it as even before the pandemic the rules were the same and England would still be playing the majority of games at home yet Belgium have played in Russia twice Denmark Germany and Spain so how can that be fair

No thats not right. England was originally going to host just the semi final and final, not the group stage. Also I believe Brussels was meant to host some group games.

No thats not right. England was originally going to host just the semi final and final, not the group stage. Also I believe Brussels was meant to host some group games.
Agree.

Moreover, a host nation will have an advantage - this year England is a host nation with the semi

Given the host-nation format - if anything - England is disadvantaged. COVID means that Wembly will not be at full capacity, reducing England's host-nation advantage.

Last edited:
I have seen all his appearances. He just does not look like the same player. He has definitely lost some pace since that injury. I don't think it is lack of effort. He just can't get past players like he did. He was fantastic at City. I think the injury may have killed his career. I genuinely feel sorry for him. It just shows you how precarious football can be for players. They get well paid but they are flogged to death these days and deserve every penny they get as far as I am concerned.
Think it was possible Pep tried to add more to his game rather than just being a winger that relied on pace, but Sane never really took to it it seems.

It's a shame though. Always thought that Sane has everything in his locker physically to become an excellent footballer - excellent pace, tall, great technique - reminds me of a potential Ronaldo.

Top scorers

Ronaldo 5
Schick 5
Kane 4
Lukaku 4
Forsberg 4
Benzema 4
Sterling 3
Chiesa 2
Insigne 2
Pessina 2
Locatelli 2
Immobile 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.