Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

Yeah, UEFA has consistently shown that at best they only show lip service when it comes to racism with the paltry fines they’ve dished out.
Yet the head of the FA was unwilling to criticize those fines and punishments and absolutely ducked the question in the interview after the game. He should lose his job after that. Southgate and England took a stance tonight (though I’d really of liked to see them go a step further) and the guy who is supposed to lead and represent them totally undermined them.

What happened to the England players was disgusting
And with the FA quick to condone it, is I think a joke because correct me if I’m wrong they done nothing to Chelsea after their fans were caught on camera racially abusing Raheem Sterling
No fine
No points deducted
No parts of the stadium closed

Not a fan of international football and didn't watch it tonight, but the reports and clips I've seen since were just disgusting, and every one of those England players deserves total respect for performing in those conditions.

I am sure that UEFA are aware that these racist fans didn't attend to watch a game of football. Furthermore, i wouldn't put it past UEFA to class that as not their problem as they aren't football fans. But I do hope this is a watershed moment and forces them to act strongly, racism is at footballs door, actually it never went away in some parts, but it's back louder than ever.

Pele, Eusebio Ronaldinho, the real Ronaldo.. if Uefa showed the same loyalty to players who made their competitions what they are today, as they did the 'historical clubs' they keenly reward for bigger all, then that would be a start. But their whole policy and attitude to racism, to actually protecting the very players and stars that attract the money to their game, needs an overhaul as it is embarrassingly deficient.

In what other profession would you get three chances to stop being racist, and then fined more for being a minute late for your shift than your colleague gets fined for calling you racist names? UEFA is broken and interested only in revenue, bonuses and creating their own brand of prestige, has been for a long time.

Feel a little sorry for the Bulgarian players and real fans, but a total ban from international competition has to be the way forward. Make them face their problems and deal with them.

Sadly, I fear more likely is Bernardo getting a bigger ban for his tweet than Bulgaria will get for repeated offences, Nazi salutes and more.

I honestly think england missed a trick tonight, walking off would’ve made a huge statment against that disgusting abuse, qualification is guaranteed without the 6-0 win

3 chances of racist incidents before consequence, and not even just for offending party.

Football is a world to it’s own.

If I was Kane I think I would have given the crowd 5 minutes in the second half and then walked them off.

Any flack the footballing world may have then gets directed to the white captain.

Like you, I'm not sure the value in just ignoring it after having the game halted in the first half.
If it was all about him Kane would have done that.

Don’t forget, we’re a set of fans apart from many others in this country and not by our own want.

Similar to when Scholes was bood at Wembley playing for England and United fans fell out of love with England, we had the same shit when City players playing for England are criticised or even hammered and in Sterling’s case also bood like Scholes by England fans.

Also the English (and Qatari linked) press give City so much shit we’ve started to become anything between indifferent to feel hatred towards the English media, other English teams’ fans and some England fans (which is hard to differentiate from the mass).

The result is to start to not enjoy watching England and to defensively, and yes admittedly probably childishly, criticise the England team and fans more than we would.

City fans supported England with greater passion when it was full of United players in the 90s and had no City players bar David James for a few decades, but we weren’t hammered by the press as a club and didn’t have our own players bood by England fans back then.

Nice to have an honest answer - but only issue is it seems all fans have an issue with England not just Man City.
West Ham fans will slag off England and particularly any Spurs related players. Social media is filled with anti England posts and constant moaning when we play. I think it’s a national inherited issue with social media thrown into the mix. Maybe other countries support is the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.