EuroMillions: UK's biggest ever winners go public.

People do live in an alternative reality sometimes. Most people won't have any clue who they are, let alone international kidnapping gangs.
You have to be joking.we all leave a trail and would you want to live your life wondering where your kids are and if they are safe. Or would you be content with the assumption that its going to be difficult to find you so why worry. You might be discrete but others you are friends with and can easily be found might not be. They will have to walk away from the friends and probably some family members to stay invisible.

That might be able to fill their car up with that amount.

Well done to them both but why people would ever go public I've no idea. They will now be bombarded by scamers, charities and no doubt Captain Tom's family after a slice of the cake.

If I ever won I'd keep it to myself, quit my job, sort the family out and travel the world.

Had a friend who worked at the Lottery. He said the advice for a big win was always to go public and give the press what they want as it's impossible to keep that level of money quiet (friends of friends tipping off papers etc) and the press will just send investigators and look for sensational stories about you if you don't.

Had a friend who worked at the Lottery. He said the advice for a big win was always to go public and give the press what they want as it's impossible to keep that level of money quiet (friends of friends tipping off papers etc) and the press will just send investigators and look for sensational stories about you if you don't.
But you could afford a hit-man to deal with the investigators.

I work for a billionaire family that own a successful DIY chain.
Their security is beyond belief. A car travels ahead and one behind. The grounds are swept before they come home, and the kids have 24/7 security even at school.
They are from a humble background and the wife doesn't like it at all. She has mentioned the "Golden cage" phrase a few times.
But she has said that you get used to it and accept the risks as part of it all.

I think the best advice i could give to anybody winning the lottery is NOT to go public. Ok a few papers will try and cause trouble, but that is better than most of the world knowing who you are. Plus you will have the cash to legally silence the papers for intrusion.

My plan should it ever happen is to tell everybody i've won "Set for life" no matter how big a win it was.
That way, people around you will see changes, but assume it is coming from the monthly pay out.
It will also stop them assuming they are getting a big wedge from a one off big win.
I would say the house is mortgaged and the cars on lease. By the time they figure out that £10k a month is stretching too far, they will feel less entitled to a share of your win!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.