Europa

We didn't have the squad to cope, unfortunately. I couldn't see us making the Champs league whilst in the Europa, unless Spurs really did fall to pieces, which they won't. If Bob hadn't fallen out or sent so many players on loan for whatever reason, we could have coped, but with what we had we couldn't handle the Europa and it was a blessing in disguise getting knocked out.

I'm not looking at Europa fixtures thinking 'we should be there' or that we could have beaten the teams left, I'm looking at our refreshed squad and our prem fixtures ahead and fancying our chances for Champs league qualification.

And don't forget the semi. Would you have fancied our chances of playing in Braga on the Thursday before we play the rags on the Sunday, with them heving an extra 2 days rest and us barely having time to prepare? We would have had no chance. As it is I think we've got a decent chance

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kiev held to 1-1 draw at home by Braga! Missed opportunity I think!

Villareal, Porto and Benfica all with big wins.

I'm glad we are out. Last Sunday shows how we can play when we are rested a little and lets face it, this cup is not the same as the Champs League

SWP's back said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kiev held to 1-1 draw at home by Braga! Missed opportunity I think!

Villareal, Porto and Benfica all with big wins.

I'm glad we are out. Last Sunday shows how we can play when we are rested a little and lets face it, this cup is not the same as the Champs League

Best thing that happened to us getting knocked out of that. I couldn't see us beating any of those three you've just mentioned. We were drained and hugely undersquadded (new word that) and would have cocked everything else up for us had we gone any further. I wonder if RM wanted us to lose and then he could focus on the real priority? Everyone could see we were getting tired and sloppy through playing the same people in so many games due to availability of players. I honestly don't think that he'd have been in the slightest bit bothered about our elimination and I don't blame him. Given a full squad maybe, but not how we were then.
Gave us time to recouperate and hopefully go onto much better things than the Europa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.