European away games ticketing policy

pedigreeblue

I thought this was worth a new thread (if not by all means shove it in the other ticket thread)so it doesn't get lost and hopefully helps clear up the reasoning behind the ticketing fiasco.
I've copied this from a Chelsea website, I would guess the same applies to us..

Under UEFA’s competition regulations, clubs are responsible for the allocation and distribution of match tickets and ultimately for the conduct of their supporters in and close to the stadium. Clubs also have to keep records of the names and addresses of all ticket holders. Events in Paris this year have reinforced the importance of our existing policy of controlling who has access to match tickets for away European games, and ultimately act as ambassadors for the club.

So I don't think it's anything to do with points whoring, or stopping people drinking.
It does throw up a few questions though, if it's a security issue why aren't the same measures used for home fans ? Why don't clubs issue tickets with a photo of the buyer on or at least a name which could then be posted out and cross checked with suitable ID when entering the ground, that would save on the painful ticket collection !

By events in Paris I assume they're not referring to the terrorist atrocities but to the Chelsea scum throwing the black man off the subway train?

The events in Paris will not be stopped by making people queue up for two hours to collect tickets.

A very simple solution is to stop giving loyalty points for away European ties.

So I don't think it's anything to do with points whoring, or stopping people drinking.

Points whores selling tickets to numpties who then cause aggro or drunk folk making dicks of themselves would all relate to the UEFA rules on fan conduct and clubs being ultimately responsible.

The events in Paris will not be stopped by making people queue up for two hours to collect tickets.

A very simple solution is to stop giving loyalty points for away European ties.

It's not the accumulation of points that is the driving factor here. Once the draw is made, people will book flights, many of them not knowing whether they will qualify for a ticket or knowing that they definitely won't so they ask round so see if anyone who qualifies with high points isn't going to attend and uses their ticket. Loads have done it including myself. It's made a huge difference to the level that allocations are selling out at and I'm all for it as it's fair. My only issue is that they should have more staff on at the collection point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.