European match weekender

Cellarite

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
Team supported
Manchester City
For my 40th in October, me and a group of mates are looking to go away for a weekend and watch a match in Europe.

Dortmund was the favourite but I contacted them and it seems like we have no chance of buying tickets from them without paying €62 for a membership which doesn’t guarantee us tickets anyway.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get them or other places you may have been where the city is decent and tickets are easier to come by?

For my 40th in October, me and a group of mates are looking to go away for a weekend and watch a match in Europe.

Dortmund was the favourite but I contacted them and it seems like we have no chance of buying tickets from them without paying €62 for a membership which doesn’t guarantee us tickets anyway.

Has anyone got any advice on how to get them or other places you may have been where the city is decent and tickets are easier to come by?

I'd suggest Berlin. Hertha tickets are normally easy to get (Bayern and Dortmund aside) and its a great city. You've got an option of Union Berlin too.

Düsseldorf is a good bet too. Its a good night out and their team has just been promoted back to the Bundesliga. Depending on when you want to go you'll have a good chance of getting tickets. Tickets will be hard to come by for Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Köln, Leverkusen, and Mönchengladbach, but you should be ok getting them against most of the other sides.

I like Cologne, Stuttgart and Frankfurt too, but for a lads weekend I think Berlin or Düsseldorf would be the easiest options.

I'd suggest Berlin. Hertha tickets are normally easy to get (Bayern and Dortmund aside) and its a great city. You've got an option of Union Berlin too.

Düsseldorf is a good bet too. Its a good night out and their team has just been promoted back to the Bundesliga. Depending on when you want to go you'll have a good chance of getting tickets. Tickets will be hard to come by for Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, Köln, Leverkusen, and Mönchengladbach, but you should be ok getting them against most of the other sides.

I like Cologne, Stuttgart and Frankfurt too, but for a lads weekend I think Berlin or Düsseldorf would be the easiest options.
Cheers pal. We were actually looking at flights to Cologne and home from Düsseldorf for cheapness when we were talking about Dortmund.

i've done leverkusen and monchengladbach over a weekend flying into and staying is dusseldorf, was a great trip!

tickets fairly easy to come by for what were decent games though this was 4 years ago now

i've done leverkusen and monchengladbach over a weekend flying into and staying is dusseldorf, was a great trip!

tickets fairly easy to come by for what were decent games though this was 4 years ago now
The weekend we’re looking at is when Düsseldorf play Schalke. I’ve emailed them anyway. Cheers.

Spent a few years living in Dusseldorf, you can usually pickup standing tickets on the day for 15 Euros. With Schalke being the NRW derby might be worth contacting one of the local Irish pubs on Facebook most usually have tickets for about 10 Euro more than face if desperate. Cracking walk up to the Espirit along the Rhine with a beer in hand.

The weekend we’re looking at is when Düsseldorf play Schalke. I’ve emailed them anyway. Cheers.

good luck! will be a top weekend.

the bars in the old town are terrific, local beer very suppable! food in the Turkish restaurants near the station terrific as well. they might just look like kebab houses but the food is excellent.

you've got me thinking about going back again!

We looked into Malaga last season but they are relegated now. Was perfect as flights cheap, tickets easy to get, cheap booze, sun and sea and maybe catch them playing someone big!

Madrid flights for £60 Saturday to Monday morning. Not sure if Atletico or Real sell out regularly and suppose it’d depend on who’s in town.

I really fancy Düsseldorf now. I’ve re-emailed Dortmund and now sent one to Düsseldorf.

Madrid flights for £60 Saturday to Monday morning. Not sure if Atletico or Real sell out regularly and suppose it’d depend on who’s in town.

I really fancy Düsseldorf now. I’ve re-emailed Dortmund and now sent one to Düsseldorf.

Yeah - you can normally pick one up at Atletico or Real as long as they aren't playing each other or Barca. In Madrid you've also got the option of La Liga sides Leganes, Rayo Vallecano and Getafe. Spain doesnt announce the tv fixture changes until very short notice though (occasionally the week before) so its hard to plan for.

For a 'lads weekend' I think Germany is the better option. I wouldn't expect to have much joy from that email you sent - they'll just tell you when it is likely to go on general sale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.