European referees anyone?

pauldominic said:
de niro said:
agree totally, i said when colina retired we should have him over here.

Seconded. Collina was the very best of the best.

Thirded.

After his job as the poster boy for The Hills Have Eyes he did a hell of a job as a ref.
Agreed that Turkish ref last night was handing out cards like confetti but A) he did not book Balo (WTF? { I know he did not do anything worth a booking but that has never stopped the EPL refs}) and B) having booked a player he did not give a second booking when it was not worthy of a red (*bit of a bugbear of mine this, if the second offence is a yellow then send the man off) This worked against us IMO as 2 Porto players should have gone and it would have warned ours not to dive in again.

All in all the euopean refs we have had are better than the EPL refs, with the exception of Oliver who really seems to like a game to flow (like a fan), they don't have any sky 4 bias and TBH regardless of whether referee X did not support team Y or Z (who he is reffing) who is not to say that the team he supports is not the rival of team Z and therefore he will not be biased against them because of the local rivalry?

Get the foreign refs in then slur alex can complain as much as he likes and they will neither understand him (not that I can as I do not speak pissed up jock) or care.

I noticed the German referee took no shit from the the Porto player Rolando last night.

The linesmen also had a good game.

Point proven.

I would back it, sure you will still get your fair share of numptys, but I remember that one guy against Villarreal who never blew against us the entire match it felt like, or when we had the German Wolfgang the other night, and some other instances it was really refreshing. I hate waking up and actually getting nervous when I hear that Dowd will be reffing our next match, it would be nice for a change.

If even 1 other ref on the continent was like the ref we had the other evening i say bring it on.

Really enjoyed seeing players think twice about chatting back to him after he put his foot down.

Someone else spotted it also Gaz Baz was done for a foul, he was gonna chat back and checked himself just in time, loved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.