Euston Graves

Ha, at least you are ‘offended’ with a smile on your face and do not take it too personal.

I don't get offended at the shite the RDAHMeedya pump out these days, Frank, I just make a note of it. It'd be like getting offended when it rains or when daylight turns to night! It's something that just happens. A little bit less with the rain than the shite in the meedya! They can pump in a decent story about our players and manager but there's always a 'downer' lurking. Today the DT have a spread on Stonesy, don't know how positive 'cos I've not read it, but there's a strip down the side that reports Pep issuing a STARK warning about any players sulking now KdB is fit! You've only got to see how the team celebrate each goal. Aguero scores on the OS and Gabby is in the tech area applauding it! Did Guardiola say he had a problem only being able to pick eleven starters or did he issue the STARK warning! I suspect it's meedya license!

I see Failing Grayling admitted what we all suspected today - that HS2 won’t get beyond Birmingham. The NW, East Mids, S Yorkshire and W Yorkshire all shafted by a London Centric govt. Rail infrastructure spending is incredibly concentrated in the Capital. Can this go on?

I see Failing Grayling admitted what we all suspected today - that HS2 won’t get beyond Birmingham. The NW, East Mids, S Yorkshire and W Yorkshire all shafted by a London Centric govt. Rail infrastructure spending is incredibly concentrated in the Capital. Can this go on?
Where did you hear that?

Cheers.

It appears that this relates to the Leeds leg rather than the Manchester leg unless I’ve misread it.

Who knows but the intel I'm getting is that all of the phases beyond Birmingham will be cancelled. A scheme to resignal Crewe was put on hold when it was proposed to extend the line to there earlier but, thats now been reversed and planning for the signalling project has now commenced - so I doubt there's much prospect of HS2 reaching Crewe as originally planned - and the Manchester extensions must be in serious doubt. I expect the government will just gently slow down the planning and abandon the legislation required in Parliament. As far as Grayling is concerned Crossrail 2 is the priority - since it links his constituency with central London.

Who knows but the intel I'm getting is that all of the phases beyond Birmingham will be cancelled. A scheme to resignal Crewe was put on hold when it was proposed to extend the line to there earlier but, thats now been reversed and planning for the signalling project has now commenced - so I doubt there's much prospect of HS2 reaching Crewe as originally planned - and the Manchester extensions must be in serious doubt. I expect the government will just gently slow down the planning and abandon the legislation required in Parliament. As far as Grayling is concerned Crossrail 2 is the priority - since it links his constituency with central London.
Cheers.

I hope it's scrapped - it is an utter monstrosity of a white elephant and if it goes ahead is likely to fuck up my neighbourhood.

Don't the archaeologists dig before they build on most sites in and around London? I can't say I have a strong opinion on this but I am more interested in history than worrying about a plot of land used to store people long dead, so I say dig get what you can information wise and use the ground for what's needed.
However that might not be the HS2 which might just be a complete waste of money.
The same goes in Manchester and Salford.
An archaeology team from Salford University get to look at any site they want if they have a hunch something might be there.
When a building is demolished or an expanse of land is going to be built upon they will get a few weeks with an excavator to have a dig and see what they uncover.
I spent a couple of months with a machine, a driver and a team from the University digging trenches behind the old Salford students union building, Salford racecourse.
They believed that as the Irwell went around in a horse shoe there it may have been a good place for a Roman camp.
The project manager and the environment agency could not wait to see the back of them but these archaeologists basically took as long as they wanted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.