Euston Graves

Churchlawtonblue

HS2 are spending millions of our money on 100s of archaeologists exhuming 45000 graves next to Euston station. The youngest burial is 170 years old. No one knows who is buried there for sure or which grave is which as all the grave marks were removed decades ago. This may seem callous but why not just use a 360 tracked excavator and covered wagons and bury into consecrated mass graves much much quicker. How many people would be really offended or would the vast majority of people just think oh well it had to be done and that was the quickest and most cost effective way of dealing with it?

There’ll be nothing there but rich soil by now.
Dig it over and be done.

Don't the archaeologists dig before they build on most sites in and around London? I can't say I have a strong opinion on this but I am more interested in history than worrying about a plot of land used to store people long dead, so I say dig get what you can information wise and use the ground for what's needed.
However that might not be the HS2 which might just be a complete waste of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.