Ever been ripped off?

The GC is a fucking tourist trap too. I paid £14 for a Fenerbahce scarf that was less than half that from their club shop. They’re absolute gold as salesmen. If you can haggle with them then you’re a winner.

It’s disappointing as I genuinely liked Istanbul otherwise. The waiters and bar touts were on me immediately and the food was excellent. It was good natured. One was able to speak to me in Welsh (I have a little understanding of it) which was hilarious at the time. Like Guinness in Ireland, Efes doesn’t travel over here but I’d drink it there.

I’d still go back but would be far more prepared. I had a taxi scam in Georgia (I cried for help and he came down in price) and also attempted pick pocketing in Paris. I’m usually in Wales colours when I go to football so I stand out against those in casual clothing.

As I said, it happens in London too. Tourists get conned everywhere. Just take precautions.

Just take precautions,you mean like Condon's

Fell victim to a frequent flier upgrade scam in SF nearly 15 years ago off of Craigslist - thought I scrutinized it appropriately by ensuring I could reserve the tickets in business class but by the time we were at the airport to fly turns out the scammer had sold it to multiple people and authorities were already prepared to interrogate all of us who fell victim

Fortunately the airline accommodated us on the plane ultimately but we lost in the neighborhood of 500 USD total (Could've been much worse) on top of the stress of fearing we were going to miss the flight

The GC is a fucking tourist trap too. I paid £14 for a Fenerbahce scarf that was less than half that from their club shop. They’re absolute gold as salesmen. If you can haggle with them then you’re a winner.

It’s disappointing as I genuinely liked Istanbul otherwise. The waiters and bar touts were on me immediately and the food was excellent. It was good natured. One was able to speak to me in Welsh (I have a little understanding of it) which was hilarious at the time. Like Guinness in Ireland, Efes doesn’t travel over here but I’d drink it there.

I’d still go back but would be far more prepared. I had a taxi scam in Georgia (I cried for help and he came down in price) and also attempted pick pocketing in Paris. I’m usually in Wales colours when I go to football so I stand out against those in casual clothing.

As I said, it happens in London too. Tourists get conned everywhere. Just take precautions.
Yeah it's rife everywhere tbf. My missus said when she went Paris with her Ma' there was a gang of pick pockets at the station. One would pick someone out, the others would organise a way to distract and then another would follow them on the train and take stuff. Police didn't care. Its the same in Las Ramblas, my boss went on a stag do and said he had his hands in his pockets with his money and two women came and interlocked with him, while they were chatting him up they lifted his arms one at at time and another one put her hands in his pockets and took his money.

I used Rightio plumbers (should have known with the name).

They’re a large company and I thought because they were large and had a dedicated call centre, they’d be over priced but it wouldn’t border on criminal.

Anyway I spent a fortune on everything, the shower is still loose and I caught up with a mate who’s a plumber, who was on holiday when I needed the work so I couldn’t use him and he said I’ve paid at least double the price it should have been, maybe 3x.

The plumber that came out was self employed for them and a miserable sod. He forgot something and told me not to ring the contact centre, as they’ll charge me £200 for another call out and to just wait for him to call round between 6pm-7pm either the next day or day after. I asked for his number and he said don’t worry he’ll be there.

Me and the Mrs made sure we were in at that time for the next week and nothing.

In the end I called the contact centre and told them to call him and said I’m not giving you another penny considering it’s not our fault.

In the end he came round but I was out, the Mrs said he didn’t utter two words to her.

They’re absolute fucking cowboys who have posted fake reviews on Google to get idiots like me to use them.

Avoid like the plague!
I used righto for a burst pipe, shockingly bad job, pipe replaced but broken floor tiles where he dropped his hammer, taps not reconnected, sealent looked like a five year old had applied it, and next day my credit card details were used in Ireland. Fortunately the credit card company refunded me.considering I'd only used the card to pay righto it was fairly obvious it was them who tried to scam me. Reported them to trading standards but never heard anything

Was that really necessary? My Malaga scarf was €12 and my Union Berlin about the same price. Whilst I overpaid for the Fenerbahce one, it’s Turkish Lira I had budgeted to spend regardless.

Their whole market culture is haggle, haggle and haggle. I’m a big merch collector so it was nice to have. As I said, it’s not put me off visiting such a vast and complex city. I had a laugh with legitimate door touts. I’ll just be better prepared next time.
Bit of a sensitive soul, peoffrey, aren't you?

I used righto for a burst pipe, shockingly bad job, pipe replaced but broken floor tiles where he dropped his hammer, taps not reconnected, sealent looked like a five year old had applied it, and next day my credit card details were used in Ireland. Fortunately the credit card company refunded me.considering I'd only used the card to pay righto it was fairly obvious it was them who tried to scam me. Reported them to trading standards but never heard anything

I couldn’t believe how bad they were.

My mistake was thinking they’re a large company so it’ll be more expensive but at least I won’t get totally ripped off, what a mistake.

My new shower is coming off again at the wall.

I’m only ever using a mate of a mate or someone recommended now.

Glad you got your money back mate.

Still remember it clear as day. Piss stop at Sandbach services enroute to watch City play QPR away in the league cup. To be fully Italian sounding he drove a Fiat Punto also. TBF his sales pitch was brilliant

40 years ago, my second job, I worked at a wholesaler opposite Mcvities and that's where I first encountered Italians selling coats. They were always approaching our customers as they were leaving. The pitch every time was he was going back to Italy and had these last few coats to clear

Last year I was at sandbach services and an Italian drew up his car and said in broken English "do you a speak a Italiano?" I replied 'are you still selling those fucking coats" he smiled and drove off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.