Everton (A) | Game Postponed

It was a poorly thought out and executed PR stunt by the Everton press office to play to their fanbase and make sure they didn’t cop for any potential flak.
That peculiar turn of phrase “Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.” doesn’t read like any official statement from a professional corporate communications team Ive ever seen but more like something from fevered minds of The Anfield Wrap
I’m not trying to defend the statement, mate. It was utterly misconceived - but to then use it as a means to say Everton are as bad as Liverpool (as many posters have done) is also utterly misconceived.

They’ve got a long way to go before that could conceivably be true.

I’m not trying to defend the statement, mate. It was utterly misconceived - but to then use it as a means to say Everton are as bad as Liverpool (as many posters have done) is also utterly misconceived.

They’ve got a long way to go before that could conceivably be true.
Absolutely, I was agreeing with you, just adding my thoughts on what might have prompted such a peculiar, insincere, tone-deaf approach from Everton.
They were desperate to draw level on points with their local rivals who have insulted and belittled them for decades.
The statement actually reveals more about Everton’s relationship with Liverpool than with us.
However, the perhaps unintended consequence of that was to throw City under the bus

The media made such a fuss about an adviser breaking the rules in a car journey with limited contact to others but they all turned the other way when a footballer from a certain club went to a packed wedding.
I know its was a bit different with Cummings and his role but the virus has no favouritism about the day jobs of people. Its numbers that it likes.
I would say WTFIDC rather than WTFIMS.
BO

Its not inconceivable that our latest batch caught it at the same time as the first two and it took longer for the disease to show.
So much uncertainty around l am quite happy to stay in save for walking the dog in quiet areas. I open kissing styles with a crutch and then sanitise my hands and crutch. I did get a funny look from a woman as l rubbed the gel over the crutch;)
I read that as crotch initially, no wonder funny look

Errrrrrr?

fd00e22e62f64b9cbb3dfac5588b80d3500x500@2x.jpg

I've got a lot of time for Everton and have a few Everton mates.

The behaviour of some Everton fans in all this is though as classless and bad as their neighbours and rags. I'm not inclined to judge them as a whole but what a bunch of utter one eyed twats some of them are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.