Everton (a) Post-Match Thread

Great result but sorry this defence isn’t win the title for us . Be lucky to be still in the hunt come January
That's what Gary Neville been telling all game, and folks are slating him for that.
Liverpool have looked as bad or worse from the opening games. The difference is the opposition have missed their chances (some shockingly, like today) and gifted them goals (again, like today).

It’s a tenuous narrative at best.

We need to defend crosses into the box, a glaringly obvious weakness that teams will now look to exploit.

I can’t believe so many of us are slagging that performance. I thought we played well in large parts of the game. Remember this Is Evertons cup final they always try that little bit harder against us. Some of our passing was sensational and our pressing game seems to have returned. Great win, we should all be happy.

I read so much on here about the state of our defence. No doubt we are struggling with injuries but look at the stats. In 7 premier league games this season we have scored 27 goals and conceded 7. That’s an average of almost 4 goals scored and 1 conceded per game. We could have the worst defence in the league but if we keep scoring 4 goals a game we aren’t going to lose many.

People really need to lighten up and enjoy what’s happening.

I read so much on here about the state of our defence. No doubt we are struggling with injuries but look at the stats. In 7 premier league games this season we have scored 27 goals and conceded 7. That’s an average of almost 4 goals scored and 1 conceded per game. We could have the worst defence in the league but if we keep scoring 4 goals a game we aren’t going to lose many.

Blues need to keep the faith in Pep, sure we’re struggling at the back,who wouldn’t with our injury list, but we’re doing better than ok.

I am concerned about how well the defence will stand up in away games. Especially the match at Liverpool.

We are scoring plenty and playing exceptional football, but it did seem that at Norwich and for periods yesterday that when the defence gets the jitters it also affects the attacking play. The attackers try too hard to compensate.

I have a pain in my tits listening to Gary Neville trying to prove his own conviction that City Have a soft centre. Every team will concede chances in their own box. Any fool knows it but Neville is so desperate to want it that he is making a fucking parrot of himself

It's bad enough listening to Gary Neville all game trying to persuade us of a crisis in our defence but then there was an incident late in the game between Fernandinho and Richarleson. I'm sure he says Fern leaves a foot in the air and then kicks him. Fearing a red card I watch the replay with interest only to see Fern leave his foot in the air after Richarleson, intentionally or not, connects a swinging arm on Fern's head before they both go to ground. Garry Neville in co-commentary has a habit of speaking before putting his brain in gear. You get to hear his true feelings.

Which leads me to commentary in general. I wish there wasn't any. Just give me the crowd atmosphere. I can make my own mind up on what I see instead of listening to absolute dross from partisan pundits. I might even stop swearing and getting into trouble with my wife!

It's bad enough listening to Gary Neville all game trying to persuade us of a crisis in our defence but then there was an incident late in the game between Fernandinho and Richarleson. I'm sure he says Fern leaves a foot in the air and then kicks him. Fearing a red card I watch the replay with interest only to see Fern leave his foot in the air after Richarleson, intentionally or not, connects a swinging arm on Fern's head before they both go to ground. Garry Neville in co-commentary has a habit of speaking before putting his brain in gear. You get to hear his true feelings.

Which leads me to commentary in general. I wish there wasn't any. Just give me the crowd atmosphere. I can make my own mind up on what I see instead of listening to absolute dross from partisan pundits. I might even stop swearing and getting into trouble with my wife!

I'm afraid I now listen with the sound on mute. Not the best experience but better than listening to the commentary. It's also interesting reading the post match comments on here because you see how influenced people can be by what they hear during the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.